Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Spring Lottie, a 1910 Singer 66 Lotus >

Spring Lottie, a 1910 Singer 66 Lotus

Spring Lottie, a 1910 Singer 66 Lotus

Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 PM

You found a keeper in both the machine and the DH. Congrats!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:07 AM

Hi DonnaQuilts,
For me, I only look to acquire the machines that either currently or will again treadle. There is something extremely gratifying to me to sit at the machine and work it.

Having said that, I have, make that had, a hankering to also have one HC. Accomplished that yesterday by purchasing a 128 La Vincendora. Can't wait to clean 'er up, toss the motor and buy the hc. I'm sure she will get lots of porch time and maybe some road trips, too.

best,
d

QUOTE=DonnaQuilts;5136194]She is beautiful. Also, she was born to treadle.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM

Wow.. She is one pretty lady.. It's funny, but before I really got into this forum, I was using a Singer machine that is green, made in Great Britian, but has no numbers on her, so I don't know what she is.. I was feeling sorry for myself, and was going to buy a machine that has a variety of stitches.. I went to a thrift store, and there was a Singer 99.. Of course she was mine.. Who could resist for $30.. Cleaned her up, and she didn't hum.. she purred for me.. Considering I'm not a fan of cats.. She sounded very pretty.. Went to an estate sale, and there was a Singer 66 in a cabinet.. She got cleaned up, and she purred for me.. Now I want a FW... It's scary.. I'M HOOKED.. Thanks a got guys.. Ughhhh
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
Wow.. She is one pretty lady.. It's funny, but before I really got into this forum, I was using a Singer machine that is green, made in Great Britian, but has no numbers on her, so I don't know what she is.. I was feeling sorry for myself, and was going to buy a machine that has a variety of stitches.. I went to a thrift store, and there was a Singer 99.. Of course she was mine.. Who could resist for $30.. Cleaned her up, and she didn't hum.. she purred for me.. Considering I'm not a fan of cats.. She sounded very pretty.. Went to an estate sale, and there was a Singer 66 in a cabinet.. She got cleaned up, and she purred for me.. Now I want a FW... It's scary.. I'M HOOKED.. Thanks a got guys.. Ughhhh
Yes, Barri, we are a very dangerous group to hang around with!!! LOL

BTW, if you go to the VSMS Photos thread (sticky at the top of the category) you will find one of your little green machines and you can get the information. I'm guessing a Singer 185. Google that, too, and go to Images and see if that's it.

Last edited by jljack; 04-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.