started Cleaning the Garage

Old 06-05-2015, 06:23 AM

My first treadle looks like this, that wonderful Twiggy cabinet. It is in my entry and I love seeing it first thing every time I open the front door.

Mine is 1918 and I did get a copy of a manual off Ebay but in the end I decided to get another and leave this New Home where it serves us best.

Condolences on your loss.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 AM

Cari, That veneer can be reglued to the top. Do not loose it, and keep it undamaged. When you get to to let me know and I'll give you some tips on what I've done with loose and peeling veneer. That's a nice set up. Some oil in the machine and on the irons should loosen it up a lot. Joe
Old 06-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Well its not a second gen Camaro, buy it is nice garage find anyway ;-)
A Camaro would have been easier to unload than the car that was here. Know anyone who wants a one owner, always garaged 1971 Opel GT?

Cari
Old 06-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Cari, That veneer can be reglued to the top. Do not loose it, and keep it undamaged. When you get to to let me know and I'll give you some tips on what I've done with loose and peeling veneer. That's a nice set up. Some oil in the machine and on the irons should loosen it up a lot. Joe
Thanks Joe, absolutely I'll come to the board for help when I get around to this machine. I may just have one of my brothers do the cabinet if I can get him down here though, he used to do antique furniture repair for a living years ago.
The guy he worked for had a major set up in his garage for repairing/refinishing furniture.

Cari
Old 06-05-2015, 11:43 AM

I don't know any one in the market for an opel, but there used to be one in my area that had a chevy small block installed and it kinda looked like someone put a corvette in the dryer and shrunk it ...maybe it is your hint to wrench just one more time !
Old 06-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
I don't know any one in the market for an opel, but there used to be one in my area that had a chevy small block installed and it kinda looked like someone put a corvette in the dryer and shrunk it ...maybe it is your hint to wrench just one more time !
Lol, I used to tell her that her car wanted to be a 'Vette when it grew up. Nope no more wrenching for me, just physically can't do it. The car needs to go.

Cari
Old 06-06-2015, 05:03 AM

In the seventies (dating myself) I really liked Opels, but I got over it by the eighties or nineties. Is it the one with the cool flip-out headlights?
Old 06-06-2015, 06:12 AM

That is one lovely machine and cabinet. Glad you are able to have it.
BTW, I understand the stage of "what am I going to do with all this C#$%???" I am still clearing out my Aunt and Uncle' home...it's only been 2 years since he finally passed away. Auntie has been gone 3 years. I find new treasures everywhere...but more junk than treasures. I still haven't done the upstairs bedrooms....just the main floor and part of the basement.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
In the seventies (dating myself) I really liked Opels, but I got over it by the eighties or nineties. Is it the one with the cool flip-out headlights?
Yes it is. The GT was only made for 5 years, '69 to '73.

Cari
Old 06-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
That is one lovely machine and cabinet. Glad you are able to have it.
BTW, I understand the stage of "what am I going to do with all this C#$%???" I am still clearing out my Aunt and Uncle' home...it's only been 2 years since he finally passed away. Auntie has been gone 3 years. I find new treasures everywhere...but more junk than treasures. I still haven't done the upstairs bedrooms....just the main floor and part of the basement.
I wish I had that kind of time. I'm at the point where every room in the house is about half done and a big mess. I've found a few treasures I'm keeping. Sold or gave away most of the good stuff except for family heirlooms. I need to hurry up as the realtor wants the house on the market yesterday. I'm seeing many trips to Goodwill in the near future.

Cari