Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Strange machine-need help threading >

Strange machine-need help threading

Strange machine-need help threading

Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Question picture heavy! weird bobbin case

Originally Posted by tasallison View Post
Hey nice to hear from you! Sorry for the slow reply :-)

Thanks so much for the info! I've had a look at the ebay poster and that would definately give me enough info to thread the bobbin...it's just that tiny bit too blurry but i'll give it a go.

I tried to sign up at needlebar but the mod got all antsy and decided not to allow me access. I manage to thread the top thread ok...yay! and now I'm just trying to work out the bobbin still...i'm wondering if the bobbin cas is meant to actually come out...because so far i can only get the bobbin itself out. the top thread is just not picking up the thread from the bobbin and after one rotation is all tangled.

I'd love to see your 250, it probably will be your favourity machine after you get it going...i am so frustrated about mine because i thought it'd be a breeze once i found the right needle..

thanks so much for your help :-)

Allison

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432668[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imgp3908.jpg   imgp3918.jpg   imgp3897.jpg   imgp3906.jpg   imgp3910.jpg  

Old 08-28-2013, 01:49 AM
Power Poster

As usual it is a well made Phoenix. It looks a lot like a Wheeler and Wilson but yet it is not. You might get some ideas from looking at a manual from one though. I'm a needlebar reject, too. I understand if you can get on they have all kinds of wonderful stuff...

If you hold down your control key and then hit plus a few times you can enlarge the pictures and look more closely. To get it to go back small hold down control and hit minus. If you get it too big it gets blurry. Anyway I did that on the Ebay ad - it was the only link that worked for me. I would be looking that bobbin case over for channels and holes. Then see where the thread wants to go. It is no doubt something simple but will work well.

Last edited by miriam; 08-28-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...a-t228210.html
You might see if Glenn knows anything about the Phoenix he spent some time in Germany and he knows older machines.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 PM

Hi, I recently found this information on the Phoenix sewing machine, thank you so much! This is the only information that I have found on the internet. Just wondering if you have got it going yet? What needle system? How to thread the bobbin case and also just how heavy duty the machine is? I have exactly the same machine although mine is branded Wertheim, which is exactly the same as Phoenix model M. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Seeker of Info View Post
Hi, I recently found this information on the Phoenix sewing machine, thank you so much! This is the only information that I have found on the internet. Just wondering if you have got it going yet? What needle system? How to thread the bobbin case and also just how heavy duty the machine is? I have exactly the same machine although mine is branded Wertheim, which is exactly the same as Phoenix model M. Thanks!
Welcome the the board!

I probably can't help ya, My Phoenix (Faulkes) is a Model F. MUCH earlier. (However, it is like a W&W face [including shuttle carrier, shuttle cover, bobbin etc] on a Singer butt..) Thread about it here
Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Seeker of Info View Post
The one I had used regular needles with a round shank. Very doable. It is a reasonably heavy machine but why would you use one for sewing canvas or leather when you can just use a clone for that? I think I've posted other info on Phoenix on QB in the past. There is an "advanced search" box in the upper right of your screen.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
...There is an "advanced search" box in the upper right of your screen.
Duh, jeez, I feel like such a dummy at times, why did I never notice that.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
Duh, jeez, I feel like such a dummy at times, why did I never notice that.
Just spend a little time exploring this whole site - there is a lot...