Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Which templates came standard with the singer buttonholer? >

Which templates came standard with the singer buttonholer?

Which templates came standard with the singer buttonholer?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:24 AM

Ok Joe! Here's one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-BAKELITE...item3cda26e62b This one came in the bakelite box & a maroon cardboard box. It was made in several different styles....for rotaries, short shank, etc.
There are 20 or more of these on ebay right now.

Another http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Kenmor...item2c78bc33a3 This one is newer...I think it only came in the cardboard box. There are at least 5 or 6 of these on ebay.

They came with the standard 5 templates. But Sears also sold a card with all the templates if you needed replacements.

Last edited by path49; 12-20-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:18 PM

I bought a Viking buttonholer at the same Estate sale that yielded the mostly complete attachment set and accessory tray for my Viking 6020 (1970). No sign of the machine they came with. The buttonhole cams are still sealed in the plastic bag. They are plastic, and there are 13 of them. Not marked but it appears to be Griest also. Probably comparable to the Singer Professional Buttonholer. I paid $5 for the buttonholer and $3 for the attachments and accessory tray. I was very happy to get them!