Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
That's it!!!   these attachmenst are driving my crazy! >

That's it!!! these attachmenst are driving my crazy!

That's it!!! these attachmenst are driving my crazy!

Old 12-03-2013, 04:43 AM

No extra kenmore cams at this point (they already got spoken for).

I've got the rest sorted out now.

There does not seem to be as many machines that used this style as it appears - since White and National made a lot of rebranded machines.

Then White bought Domestic, so the Domestics that take this style (newer ones) are the same as White
And Free Westinghouse ended up with New Home in 1930, so the later New Home and Free take the same. The older New Home (VS) are different than the older Free.

Still don't know what machine takes that style that uses a bed screw. I've been looking at online manuals and have not found that yet.

Some of the Davis made machines also take this style - but since I rehomed the Davis made Minnesota, I don't know which ones would fit that. I think they may be the same as the older White (VS) style.

Then I'll be back to the really early stuff that isn't side or top clamp.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 AM

That's one thing I need to be on the look out for - attachments for the Minnesota B. I may even have some in the pile of extra attachments I have. Hopefully the presser foot will tell me the style I'm looking for. Someday I'll do a tread with all the slide plates I have to see I anyone knows what they belong to - maybe I can help someone on the board if I knew what I had!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM

yikes! Every time I get on Ebay looking for one or two pieces I need to complete a set - I find another one I've never seen before!

It seems there is almost always one or two items missing from any older set - so I end up buying to groups to get one complete set.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:26 PM

Cathy my name is Loretta I have a FW with a walker foot and a quarter foot. If you have spare parts would gladly pay you for a complete set to the machine.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
Ohoh! If you have a set of Kenmore cams in that pile and would be interested in trading for a box of "White Attachments" (same black metal box with purple interior) just let me know.

Or if anyone else does for that matter.
Which Kenmore Cams? I have one of the sets that came in the "book" for the 158-19xx type machines... ?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:03 AM

[QUOTE=Caroline S;6435321]Wasn't that on a Startrek episode????[/QUOTE

i think a new AA group needs to start.......Attachment Addicts!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Which Kenmore Cams? I have one of the sets that came in the "book" for the 158-19xx type machines... ?
I have the book of monogrammer with the letter cams - actually 2 books - 0ne set of cams, one set of cams with the with monogrammer.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 AM

The stitch cams for the 158.XXXX machines pretty much fit them all - however I've read that the early machines may not have the second lever, so they will not do the stretch (double row) stitches. I think Kenmore refers to it as the "verigator"

For the monogrammer, there is a different style for the open arm machines (and maybe others too), if the monogrammer is in the box WITH the cams, it is not the same as the one that comes with the cams seperate.

Here are both - the left is what fits on the flat bed 158.XXXX series - just have to make sure the needle plate has the notch, and the plate opens towards you (not to the front of the machine). The first one has a separate box with only the cams.

Notice the difference in width and design of where it buts up with the needle plate.

The back side

And these cams DO NOT FIT the other style monogrammer (that comes branded for Singer, Greist and Kenmore).

I figured most of this out by buying and seeing if it would fit.

BTW - the button holers come with the same difference - so make sure you get the one that fits your kenmore.

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.