Top Clamp Attachments

Old 02-12-2019, 07:11 AM

Default Buttonholer for Kenmore 117-959

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
I have a Kenmore buttonholer that has a narrow slot like that. I thought it would fit my 117.959 but it did not. Anyone know what it would fit?
I have my mother's Kenmore 117-959 machine with the Kenmore Buttonholer attachment; neither of us used it. Decades later in trying to revive this machine I thought she had bought or been sold one that was not correct for her machine. The instruction booklet is woefully lacking & confusing.

You have to completely remove the round presser foot screw clamp adapter to be able to attach the buttonholer. The booklet does not make that clear. It is held on by a small screw to the right. There were 4 different needle bars apparently. The 117-959 has the Round bar. With the clamping screw removed, you slide the buttonholer from the back & it goes around the bar, with an arm going onto the needle bar.

The Kenmore Buttonholer works on that machine. I believe as Macybaby said it will work on all Kenmore machines of that era IF you know how to deal with the presser bar clamping system.

I know I am replying to an Old post. I am hoping this information will help someone who picks up one of these wonderful machines, &/or Buttonholers. So glad for sites like this where information can be shared & kept for future reference.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-12-2019 at 09:09 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps