Treadle base becomes a bar?

Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM

That is so (sew) strange looking...
Old 05-13-2014, 01:24 PM

Who would ever want that ugly thing in your house? Looks like it's in a garage now - good place for it.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:41 PM

I might suggest that.......if you’ve ever danced on a bar, you know how important it is to have good reinforcement lumber underneath......

And you could dance on that one without kicking all of the bottles off onto the floor!

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-13-2014, 03:31 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Thanks for the link. I keep a photo collection of these kinds of “oddities”. This one is my 4th “Treadle Bar”, and in keeping with the “spirits theme”, I also have photos of a beer cooler made out of an electric sm cabinet, and a treadle beer cooler.

I’ve about quit saving photos of tables at 119 different ones, and the coffee tables are up to 13. I’ve got photos of 41 different “tractors” made out of sewing machines, so I may quit capturing them too. I even have photos of a farm truck made out of odd things including several sewing machine parts, some of which compliment a manure spreader as the driver and passenger compartment. Treadle iron ends are the seat backs for the toilet seat “seats”.

I wish I could show the photos, but I don’t have the copyright of them to publish them here (or anywhere).

CD in Oklahoma

Maybe it's a good thing you cannot show the photos because it may make some people ill as illustrated by the reaction that this photo got. Turning these irons that are missing the machine into a beautiful table is one thing but from your description of the photos you have been collecting, the rest are different degrees of grotesque.

PS: I am afraid I am a bit too old (or sensible?) to be dancing on any bars so I will take you word for the stability of this particular one.

Last edited by KLO; 05-13-2014 at 03:34 PM.