Two new(old) Machines!

Old 12-29-2013, 07:37 PM

Like them both! I'm partial to New Homes, one like yours would fit in nicely, as I don't have one of that era,...yet!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 AM

I've been researching a bit more on the New Home. Probably made in mid 30's. It does not have reverse like the next generation.

Though I really like the machine and love the cabinet, I'm not sure if I made a good choice or not. Simply because I really wanted the newer Gold one . . . but for some reason I'm always attracted to the black based machines. This New Home is one of the heaviest machines too -

Though it does fit the bill - as far as having a newer rotary electric that takes a specific style of attachments. I still need to get the old treadle New Home VS. I've seen a very old NH Rotary, but it was pickup north of Chicago . . .

I'd love to get more examples of early rotary machines. I have the Singer 66, 101, 201, 221, 301, 401 and 500, and then the WW D9, and now the Standard Rotary, and will be getting an earlier White Rotary (already have a later model). Also have a National Two Spool, so another style of rotary machine. Not sure if I want any other National made machines
Old 12-30-2013, 06:06 AM

I know a good home for your Greyhound if you decide you're fostering instead of adopting.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 AM

GreyQ - I though you were looking for a Treadle machine with a Greyhound on it.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Yes and yes, if it's a good looking greyhound, I'm interested. I keep going back & forth between modern & treadle so I figure I may as well get both. With greyhounds, we say you can't have just one and even call getting another greyhound chipping. Since I have only 1 real greyhound at a time, maybe I can have more than one greyhound machine. I'm also thinking about getting a nice greyhound machine to donate to one of our greyhound adoption fundraisers. It would be a unique auction item. Just keeping an eye out for them. Yours is very nice indeed. There is one for sale here in Blue Earth but the cabinet is in very poor condition and I won't pay what they want.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 PM

Great looking machines. I do not even look anymore as I have NO room for another one.
So happy for you.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:26 PM

Cathy I hope you have plenty of sq ft in your home! LOL I think DH is living in fear that I will find a new Old machine to adopt!
Love that first cabinet...it's a beauty and will restore very nicely
Have fun!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:29 PM

NICE. love the treadle. i always wanted to have a treadle but afraid that my wife will not let me for fear of my machines taking over the garage (ha ha ha). one thing for sure is she will not let me put these machines inside the house. wish i have a 10 bedroom house ! 1 room for my treadle machines, one room for industrial machines, and 1 room for the portable one. wishful thinking.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
NICE. love the treadle. i always wanted to have a treadle but afraid that my wife will not let me for fear of my machines taking over the garage (ha ha ha). one thing for sure is she will not let me put these machines inside the house. wish i have a 10 bedroom house ! 1 room for my treadle machines, one room for industrial machines, and 1 room for the portable one. wishful thinking.
Its your house too! Maybe just 1 treadle in the house??
Old 12-31-2013, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Great looking machines. I do not even look anymore as I have NO room for another one.
So happy for you.
I am in the same boat , but I love love love looking& buying.