Viking Husqvarna 6010

Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 PM

Default Viking Husqvarna 6010

I received this beauty yesterday from a friend, it had been sitting for many years, at least ten. She cleaned it up awhile back and started sewing with it. It froze on her one day. Back into storage it went. She told me she wasn't ever going to get to it and didn't really want to try to fix it, LSMG said he could do it but the charge for the time involved was going to be $200.00 So she gave it to me.

I cleaned it up yesterday and went through it to narrow it down to the area that I thought could be the problem for hubby. He loves a challenge.... He worked on it for about 4 hours maybe a little longer and finally fixed it. This has been the hardest machine to work on because it only gives you a small window in the back and on the front.
It would have been much easier if it had a removable top. She actually has some very interesting works inside and it was fun to see how the Vikings were put together.

The reason for this post is the small plate missing from the underside. I think it might be called an inspection plate. I do not know what it looks like though and I would love to see a photo of yours if you have a 6000 series. I want to make her whole again and that is all that is missing. If I can see a pic of the part then I can go searching for one.

Here are some photos and let me tell you that is some suitcase!! The colors are so bold inside it makes one take a step back when they first open the case..LOL Still has the keys!

If anyone can help that would be great and much appreciated.
Lorraine
Attached Thumbnails 022.jpg   023.jpg   024.jpg   020.jpg   021.jpg  

Old 06-18-2015, 08:50 PM

I might have one. But I've put the cat in for the night, and would have to get past her to get to it. So I'll get back to you in the morning. Don't want the post to disappear to the next page.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:05 PM

Thank you so much Annette, I appreciate it.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Our home business has been full tilt this morning.

Here's a picture of what I have. I think it will fit your machine. Looks like you need a screw, too.

If you want it, shoot me an email. I'd be glad to send it to you.

Annette
quiltedsunshine at gmail
Attached Thumbnails viking-bottom-plate.jpg  
Old 06-19-2015, 02:51 PM

Thank you so much Annette, I will PM you.