Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 137 of 225 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/3863642444.html - and not a single picture of the machine...
    It is a beautiful table though. . . My guess is the table was redone and the machine taken out
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

My thoughts too auntpiggylpn.

It is a beautiful table and lots of other things that I'd like as well. But why would someone display a Kotex vending machine in their livingroom? Not that I display one in my bathroom but I could see it placed there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
    It is a beautiful table and lots of other things that I'd like as well. But why would someone display a Kotex vending machine in their livingroom? Not that I display one in my bathroom but I could see it placed there.
    Maybe it is a booth in an antique store - kind of weird to have a Kotex vending machine on display... I guess in a bathroom you could store stuff in there... eye roll.......
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Whoa... is a singer really worth this much. : www.ksl.com/?nid=678&ad=25743138&cat=&lpid=6

Maybe, but those are the worst pictures I have ever seen.
    Mark

Blog Entries
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    They should have just shown pictures of the cabinet.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Maybe someone should write them and give them the correct definition of "mint". I think most of the CL sellers could use a lesson in mint, good, fair and poor condition!
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Maybe someone should write them and give them the correct definition of "mint". I think most of the CL sellers could use a lesson in mint, good, fair and poor condition!
    Craig's List criteria for listing in mint, good, fair and poor condition:
    If it is mine and it is for sale, it is in Mint condition! If it is yours and it is for sale it is in Poor condition.
    Craig's List criteria for pricing.
    A $100 item you are selling is $1000 FIRM. A $100 item that you are buying is $10 OBO.
    Craig's List criteria for pictures.
    If you are selling an item, fuzzy, out of focus, from very far away, pictures of a different item, and no picture at all are preferred. If you are buying an item the front, back, sides, inside, bottom, top, x-ray, satellite photos, photos of the previous owners, people that built, designed, did maintenance on, and a picture with the pope with the item will be necessary and mandatory.

I hope I cleared that up.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    If it is mine and it is for sale, it is in Mint condition! If it is yours and it is for sale it is in Poor condition.
    A $100 item you are selling is $1000 FIRM. A $100 item that you are buying is $10 OBO.
    If you are selling an item, fuzzy, out of focus, from very far away, pictures of a different item, and no picture at all are preferred. If you are buying an item the front, back, sides, inside, bottom, top, x-ray, satellite photos, photos of the previous owners, people that built, designed, did maintenance on, and a picture with the pope with the item will be necessary and mandatory.

~G~
    Thanks Grant!

Grant'

That is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh.

Cathy

~G~
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries

~G~
    awesome tutorial!!! Thanks we all sssooooooo needed it...

Blog Entries

I'm going to say not a 1910... but I'd take a fiddlebase VS3 (or VS2? or 28? 27? ) in a case for $50 in a heartbeat, even with that cleanup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    I'm going to say not a 1910... but I'd take a fiddlebase VS3 (or VS2? or 28? 27? ) in a case for $50 in a heartbeat, even with that cleanup.
    HM maybe they would come down - I have an empty fiddle base treadle and cabinet - Margarette or something.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    awesome tutorial!!! Thanks we all sssooooooo needed it...
    Oh, you are very welcome Miriam, Cathy, and Auntpiggylpn. I think we all needed a little clarification or at least some understanding on that.
    I forgot to mention that,... If a buyer is traveling more than 5 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 25%. If they are traveling more than 10 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 50%. If a buyer is traveling more than 15 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 95%. And If a buyer is traveling more than 20 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reverse in the value of the item and you owe them the full purchase price AND the item. After all, it is your fault that you live so far from them! ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    If for some reason a buyer shows up to look at an item, whatever money they have in their pocket, OR LESS, becomes the value of the item you are selling and you are bound by law to give them the item for the price they say is fair. ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    ~G~

Grant,

Taking the tongue out of the cheek for a few seconds. There is a grading/ condition chart that is considered to be the standard. http://www.ismacs.net/condition.html

Cathy

Oh, you are very welcome Miriam, Cathy, and Auntpiggylpn. I think we all needed a little clarification or at least some understanding on that.
    I forgot to mention that,... If a buyer is traveling more than 5 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 25%. If they are traveling more than 10 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 50%. If a buyer is traveling more than 15 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 95%. And If a buyer is traveling more than 20 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reverse in the value of the item and you owe them the full purchase price AND the item. After all, it is your fault that you live so far from them! ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    If for some reason a buyer shows up to look at an item, whatever money they have in their pocket, OR LESS, becomes the value of the item you are selling and you are bound by law to give them the item for the price they say is fair. ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    ~G~
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/3899763772.html - all three old Singers... (Including the white I guess....)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Grant,

Taking the tongue out of the cheek for a few seconds. There is a grading/ condition chart that is considered to be the standard. http://www.ismacs.net/condition.html

Cathy
    This is very good information.
    ~G~

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/necchi-se...E:B:SS:AU:1123

Better get some popcorn, this auction is sure to be a ripper!

~G~
    That is GOLD!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/3899763772.html - all three old Singers... (Including the white I guess....)
    Looks like they have been stored outside in all the elements of weather. It always makes me so sad to see a treadle base in such poor condition

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/necchi-se...E:B:SS:AU:1123

Better get some popcorn, this auction is sure to be a ripper!
    ssssoooooooooo much eye candy........... not.........

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    ssssoooooooooo much eye candy........... not.........
    I just don't understand people - trying to sell something (especially on Ebay) without pics is like trying to make a cake from scratch with no flour. And for $400 without seeing it?? Ugh.... Oh... wait a minute - new seller - didn't realize that. They need the book Ebay for Dummies lol.
    Last edited by Yankeegirl; 06-29-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Page 137 of 225 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 147 187 ... LastLast