Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking???? >

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Old 09-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Steve,

Those type of people with those attitudes just make my blood boil. Yes, take the high ground.

Cathy
Old 09-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Yes, that Singer pictured looks to have been among Titanic relics. Oy.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
WOW!!! That would be fun to keep corresponding with this guy! I would be inclined to email him everyday to just say "Hello" and "Have a nice day" !!!!! And sign it "The Ignoramus" !
I would post his response on a bunch of websites, and see if you could get it to go viral, then send him the link

But I have been told I'm a mean SysAdmin (computer systems server administrator.)

Some people need to be taken down a few notches. Seems like he needs a couple dozen notches removed from beneath him.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 PM

It would be fun to further your conversation by pointing out the $$ amount of the machine she linked to and ask her what's wrong with hers that she is asking $400+ less for her machine.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
ok, so here is a fun story for today...

This listing shows a "Victorian" Featherweight.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/clt/4043593517.html

I sent the following:
"The Victorian Era ended in 1901 when Queen Victoria Died. This machine is exactly 40 years later than that. Just so you know"

I got this back:
If you research the machine...basically pull your head out of your a!! Then you find that is what they called this scroll plate style. It is called the Victorian Classic Model idiot. There are other models according to years of production. The add does not claim it is from the Victorian era! is English your first language? Get a f...... lIfe loser or at least make sure you know what the hell you are talking about before you spend your lonely loser hours looking for people to insult for no reason. Here, why don't you do some reading. http://singer-featherweight.class221...s/pristine-af/ "

YIKES!!!

so I had to reply to THAT!....
Wow, hostile much? perhaps a reduction in caffeine is in order....

Not sure why you felt the need to resort to "swearing".
I AM a collector and restorer of sewing machines.

I get that a website has referred to it as a "Victorian" design, but I have also seen sites refer to that as the "celtic" design, etc, etc.
I would LOVE to see an advertisement where Singer used that designation....
The only model designations Singer used for Featherweights were;
221 - Class designation
221-1
221-K1
221-K4
221-K5
221-K7
221-J
221-J6
and in the industrial designation of this machine
221-G155
221-G156
and 222 for the free-arm version

feel free to verify my data (or not)
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...s-200-299.html

again, sorry your life is such that you feel the need to be rude when a person tries to offer advice..

have a great day and good luck with your sale.

Steve

which earned me THIS glorious rejoinder....

"Your the condescending ignoramus who emailed me to not subtly accuse me of being dishonest and give me a history lesson because I apparently don't know anything. You obviously get away with this passive aggressive attitude often, you even have yourself fooled about having the moral high ground. Since your reply had no hint of an apology, you could use something harsher than swearing. Get lost, you're a complete jerk and a waste of time."

I am letting it go, but it would be fun to continue....
Interesting that he/she makes a big deal about the scroll plate but fails to show a picture of it. . . .
Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 PM

"Your the condescending ignoramus who emailed me to not subtly accuse me of being dishonest and give me a history lesson because I apparently don't know anything. You obviously get away with this passive aggressive attitude often, you even have yourself fooled about having the moral high ground. Since your reply had no hint of an apology, you could use something harsher than swearing. Get lost, you're a complete jerk and a waste of time."
Ignoramus: An ignorant or stupid person. I think Grammar abuse falls into that category, yes?
Dishonest:
  1. Behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy or fraudulent way.
  2. Intended to mislead or cheat.
    Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 PM

Smokin' hot slam, ArchaicArcane. You could be a lawyer. Well done. :-)

Steve, I am very sorry you were at the receiving end of such hate. Ick! Even though we know not to take it to heart when a stranger mouths off, it is still really icky to be at the receiving end of it. Sorry for that.

-C.
    Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

ok, so here is a fun story for today...

This listing shows a "Victorian" Featherweight.
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/clt/4043593517.html

I sent the following:
    "The Victorian Era ended in 1901 when Queen Victoria Died. This machine is exactly 40 years later than that. Just so you know"

I got this back:
    If you research the machine...basically pull your head out of your a!! Then you find that is what they called this scroll plate style. It is called the Victorian Classic Model idiot. There are other models according to years of production. The add does not claim it is from the Victorian era! is English your first language? Get a f...... lIfe loser or at least make sure you know what the hell you are talking about before you spend your lonely loser hours looking for people to insult for no reason. Here, why don't you do some reading. http://singer-featherweight.class221...s/pristine-af/ "

YIKES!!!

so I had to reply to THAT!....
    Wow, hostile much? perhaps a reduction in caffeine is in order....

Not sure why you felt the need to resort to "swearing".
    I AM a collector and restorer of sewing machines.

I get that a website has referred to it as a "Victorian" design, but I have also seen sites refer to that as the "celtic" design, etc, etc.
    I would LOVE to see an advertisement where Singer used that designation....
    The only model designations Singer used for Featherweights were;
    221 - Class designation
    221-1
    221-K1
    221-K4
    221-K5
    221-K7
    221-J
    221-J6
    and in the industrial designation of this machine
    221-G155
    221-G156
    and 222 for the free-arm version

feel free to verify my data (or not)
    http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...s-200-299.html

again, sorry your life is such that you feel the need to be rude when a person tries to offer advice..

have a great day and good luck with your sale.

Steve

which earned me THIS glorious rejoinder....

I am letting it go, but it would be fun to continue....
    You could really insult them by offering them $5 for the parts machine and say you will pick it up...
    Old 09-05-2013, 06:12 PM

This is funny - you cannot even see what brand or type of machine, just five or six distance shots. And whoa, what a price!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ520355645
    Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
    This is funny - you cannot even see what brand or type of machine, just five or six distance shots. And whoa, what a price!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ520355645
    Kenmore 10. Probably not too bad a machine. Even their plastic wonders seem to be pretty resilient. The one I picked up this week 385.17620 - by Janome, about 10 -15 years old hit at -least- two pins and kept on truckin. I found them when I went into the under bits to oil. Folded into perfect "V" shapes!