Vintage Minnesota Treadle

Old 08-14-2020, 01:25 PM
ljr

Default Vintage Minnesota Treadle

I purchased a Minnesota Model A treadle in a beautiful cabinet with No. D1122918. I am hoping that someone can tell me
something about it including the date and where I can get needles and instructions, etc. I was going to post a picture but haven't figured out how to do that.

I appreciate any info you can give me.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:54 PM

Welcome. There are several threads here on QB about Minnesota machines and a few that are for Minnesota A's. There were actually several "Minnesota A" machines made by three different companies from about 1900-1930. A picture would help.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "reply" button works to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-14-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-15-2020, 07:33 AM

Apparently Sears carried different machines with the Minnesota name:

https://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html
Old 08-15-2020, 09:02 AM
ljr

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Welcome. There are several threads here on QB about Minnesota machines and a few that are for Minnesota A's. There were actually several "Minnesota A" machines made by three different companies from about 1900-1930. A picture would help.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "reply" button works to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Thank you for your response. I did see some of the threads but any pictures I saw were not like mine so that is why I was going to try to upload a picture. I will give it another try.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:39 AM

Sears got started in Minnesota, hence the name.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:41 AM

Welcome aboard.

My Minnesota/
Attached Thumbnails minnesota-c-first-day.jpg  
Old 08-17-2020, 09:28 AM
ljr

Default Vintage Minnesota Treadle

I think I have the picture ready to attach, hopefully. I might be pretty small I may have to do some adjusting.
Attached Thumbnails minnesota.jpg  
Old 08-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by ljr View Post
I think I have the picture ready to attach, hopefully. I might be pretty small I may have to do some adjusting.
That is a beauty! I think it looks like a Davis E - Minnesota A as seen at the link that I had linked as "Minnesota A" ( <-that is a link to the same one as Joe did - https://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html ) If I remember correctly some one else had one of these on QB. If you google "jlhmnj "Minnesota A" site:quiltingboard.com" there should be one that tells which needles are needed for this machine.

Old 08-17-2020, 10:57 AM

Great looking parlor cabinet and head. And I love those file cabinets.

my GF lives in Coffee County.
Old 08-17-2020, 02:03 PM
ljr

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Great looking parlor cabinet and head. And I love those file cabinets.

my GF lives in Coffee County.
Thank you on both the machine and filing cabinet. I have had many people admire the filing cabinet. I know exactly where Coffey County is, I live in Wilson County.

Lawanda