Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 378 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 377 378 379 388 428 478 878 1378 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Ok you guys, I finally got my Free treadle in the house. Had to put this one behind the sofa in the entry. I am sorry the cabinet photos didn't come out real clear.

I moved my 15-88 into my sewing room! Yippeeeeeee! I finally made the commitment to have a treadle in the sewing room -- they are all over the house -- except the sewing room!

Nancy
    Oh, it's so beautiful. Never seen a "free" nor decals like those. Just gorgeous. The treadle pedal, too...

Blog Entries
    My favorite is "beautiful machine, works"- only to see a small picture of a closed cabinet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Ok you guys, I finally got my Free treadle in the house. Had to put this one behind the sofa in the entry. I am sorry the cabinet photos didn't come out real clear.

I moved my 15-88 into my sewing room! Yippeeeeeee! I finally made the commitment to have a treadle in the sewing room -- they are all over the house -- except the sewing room!

Nancy
    Oh, it's so beautiful. Never seen a "free" nor decals like those. Just gorgeous. The treadle pedal, too...
    She did do well! Those Free No. 5 have very pretty decals and the pedal is pretty too.

Blog Entries
    A lot of night owls tonight! Is everyone working on projects?
    I'm taking another break from basting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
    WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
    sewbiz, If you go to my post you can see a pic of my lotus. Glenn
    Oooh, it's lovely. Your decals are in way better shape than mine, on the bed. My center decal is pretty wiped out, and someone painted black over a part of the bed border decal right at the front. :(

So, am I right in thinking the only dif between a lotus and a brown lotus is that little bit of red on the ends of the small flowers? Any other differences?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    Cowgirl, I am close to you I am sure. IF you want you can pm me and we can get together and you can try my treadle. Kathie
    One day we should all meet in the Stockton area. Nancy is somewhere close to there, and Penni lives there. I'm sure there may be others too.

Blog Entries
    I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
    WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
    sewbiz, If you go to my post you can see a pic of my lotus. Glenn
    Oooh, it's lovely. Your decals are in way better shape than mine, on the bed. My center decal is pretty wiped out, and someone painted black over a part of the bed border decal right at the front. :(

So, am I right in thinking the only dif between a lotus and a brown lotus is that little bit of red on the ends of the small flowers? Any other differences?
    Here is the NB shot of the beds up close.
    The brown lotus
    http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26a/index.html

lotus
    http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26/index.html

buslady,

Nancy shared a site that dates my machine, and probably yours if you don't already have that info. Just thought I share it with you if you missed seeing it. The site is http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession.

luv2learn

Blog Entries
    Showbizgirl,

I think the lotus brown bed decals are more brown than orange on the outer edge of the bed decals. Mine look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Here is the NB shot of the beds up close.
    The brown lotus
    http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26a/index.html

lotus
    http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26/index.html
    I have stared and stared at those two photos and the only difference I can find between them is that the tiny green flowers have red tips on the brown lotus. On the regular lotus-- no red tip. The colors are pretty identical, to me.

Must... go...to....bed.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2learn
    buslady,

Nancy shared a site that dates my machine, and probably yours if you don't already have that info. Just thought I share it with you if you missed seeing it. The site is http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession.

luv2learn
    We have very poor interneet service at our home, short of satelite, which is too expensive for what i am home, so only have cell phone access. very hard to read and see, so i am waiting to go to daughters and use her dsl to look up my two white rotarys. am also looking for info on my domestic. project for snowday is to set up a book with pics, info, etc for each machine. since joining this boaed i have accumulated something like 11 new to me vintage machines. i think DH has given up trying to "save" me! my entire family, as well as friends, coworkers, employees, all think i've lost my mind. I insist it is just the opposite, it is what is keeping me sane! LOL thank you for the info.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Wish I knew someone with one so I could take it for a "test drive".
    Just come on over to West TN and you can take any of mine for a test drive!!

Billy

Someone mentioned looking for a Minnesota treadle and I wanted to share this CL link in NJ http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/2180860949.html
    Let me know if I can help. Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hootnannie
    Someone mentioned looking for a Minnesota treadle and I wanted to share this CL link in NJ http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/2180860949.html
    Annie
    Wow, that is a deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Nancy,
    Your Free treadle and cabinet are just gorgeous! I haven't seen one with such pretty and intact decals before. :mrgreen:
    One of my Singer treadles is powered by a set of Elgin irons made by The Free Company, they sit on top of a Singer coffin top table.
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...45965719ZYGmCi
    Sharon W.
    Thank you!

Wow Sharon loved your Webshots. How many FW's do you have? I think I counted 4 or 5? You even have a FW table! I loved the dog pictures too! I don't think I could do what you did with the treadle -- I am not that innovative.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    [quote=buslady]
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2learn
    buslady,

luv2learn

We have very poor interneet service at our home, short of satelite, which is too expensive for what i am home, so only have cell phone access. very hard to read and see, so i am waiting to go to daughters and use her dsl to look up my two white rotarys. am also looking for info on my domestic. project for snowday is to set up a book with pics, info, etc for each machine. since joining this boaed i have accumulated something like 11 new to me vintage machines. i think DH has given up trying to "save" me! my entire family, as well as friends, coworkers, employees, all think i've lost my mind. I insist it is just the opposite, it is what is keeping me sane! LOL thank you for the info.
    The Domestic was a badged White machine. You should be able to find out about that machine on this site too as the badged White machines are also listed!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Nancy,
    Your Free No.5 is beautiful! I have the same Free and treadle. I believe my treadle was in that style cabinet, but the person giving away my Free tossed the cabinet since it was all damaged. My treadle has a crack in irons and the pitman rod is missing the balls. One day I will fix that. I just love the decals on the Free No. 5.
    Very NICE! Also enjoy that treadle in your sewing room.
    Thank you all that commented on my "Free" treadle! I love the little parlor cabinet! I love the treadle peddle! I love the machine! The whole package! That cabinet when closed up is really small. You can't tell it is a sewing machine cabinet! Now I have to get her all oiled up and see if she can sew!

I have been using all my treadles, but until yesterday didn't have one in the sewing room where I need one to be! I put my Mother's beloved Pfaff 130 away for now. Put my Koala cabinet in one of our storage units -- then moved the 15-88 in the sewing room! I can now piece with the 15-88! So exciting!

I think Mom would be ok with this as she use to sew on a treadle as a young lady! I wish I knew which one!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    For Luv2learn and Buslady and anyone else who needs it, here is a White Rotary manual.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16496561/W...ary-Directions

Nancy

Ok..when the snow is over, I get to go up north a bit to look at 2 more machines. Have a pic of one.. the lady had someone give them to her and she just pretty much wants them gone. The no pic one is a "japanese zigzag in a table"
    The other is this singer, not working, in a box. I looked this up by the number and it's 1936.

Billy, this won't be one you do over..but one of the others will be..maybe 2. I have been looking at paint colors
    Name:  Attachment-152379.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  24.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nancy if you get tired of one of your horses... let me know, they can spend a bit of time here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mare
    Ok..when the snow is over, I get to go up north a bit to look at 2 more machines. Have a pic of one.. the lady had someone give them to her and she just pretty much wants them gone. The no pic one is a "japanese zigzag in a table"
    The other is this singer, not working, in a box. I looked this up by the number and it's 1936.
    Sweet thats a nice 201!!!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Wish I knew someone with one so I could take it for a "test drive".
    Just come on over to West TN and you can take any of mine for a test drive!!

Billy
    Gee thanks Billy but ummm I was wishing I knew someone closer to home. LOL Though I'm sure it would be a lot of fun getting to take yours for a test drive. You house sounds like it could be a sewing machine theme park!

Cowgirl, I am just a few miles north of Sacramento. You are welcome here to try out a treadle. Kathie

Blog Entries
    WOW! That's a beautiful machine and cabinet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    Cowgirl, I am just a few miles north of Sacramento. You are welcome here to try out a treadle. Kathie
    Kathie - I may take you up on that offer...once the fog lifts! :) I'm several hours south in Fresno & try to stay off the highway this time of year. But once my sun comes out...