Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 PM

Thank you.

This one was nice too. http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/page7.php
Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 AM

I didn't even get to start sewing with the 301 though I've used her for a project before. The needle hit something in the bobbin area as I tried to draw up the bobbin thread. So I took her bobbin apart and discovered the whole thing was sliding down into the machine. Causing the needle to hit the bobbin case. Huh?

I removed the bottom plate and poked around a little. The set screw was loose. It couldn't be that simple, could it?

It was. I tightened the set screw, put everything back together and she's sewing beautifully. Sometimes I scare myself.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2914.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

I'm hoping your set screw is not stripped.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM

At least on those machines they weren't use "pot metal" collars for the set screws. I was missing one set screw and luckily it was the same thread size as the one that holds hingepins in.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Hello everyone. I'm Lisa. I became a total vintage sewing machine geek this past several months, after my new computerized Brother broke down. Someone gave me a vintage Brother, and I embarked on a new journey. I'll never buy new again. Just bought a Singer 201K and I'm so excited to start sewing with it!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by GroovyEyeDesigns View Post
Hello everyone. I'm Lisa. I became a total vintage sewing machine geek this past several months, after my new computerized Brother broke down. Someone gave me a vintage Brother, and I embarked on a new journey. I'll never buy new again. Just bought a Singer 201K and I'm so excited to start sewing with it!
that 201 you've got - that's a gem. you'll love it. same thing with me - if i've known then what i know now, i wouldn't buy a new Husqvarna for over $900....... WELCOME to QB.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:45 AM

Can anyone point me to a free adjuster's manual for the 201? Her check spring broke and there was a problem with the release pin sliding in and out freely. It was stuck. I can see now someone put the wrong spring in there. Anyway, its a numbered dial and the page I can find is for the older one without numbers.

Also, just as everything else went wrong, the check spring on my 1941 15 broke. I just need a visual on lining up all the tension pieces properly. I got the springs from Sew-Classic in the mail yesterday. By the way, the 'Frozen' dress got done and mailed in time.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:55 AM

Duh, this forum does have a search function. Thank you, ManicMike.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
Can anyone point me to a free adjuster's manual for the 201? Her check spring broke and there was a problem with the release pin sliding in and out freely. It was stuck. I can see now someone put the wrong spring in there. Anyway, its a numbered dial and the page I can find is for the older one without numbers.

Also, just as everything else went wrong, the check spring on my 1941 15 broke. I just need a visual on lining up all the tension pieces properly. I got the springs from Sew-Classic in the mail yesterday. By the way, the 'Frozen' dress got done and mailed in time.
The TFSR manual should have that info - I hope everybody has a print out of that manual - the site seems to be gone. Tammi made a real nice video on the tensions the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFX...AyBQ2l-Mzkw7ew
Old 06-08-2014, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The TFSR manual should have that info - I hope everybody has a print out of that manual - the site seems to be gone. Tammi made a real nice video on the tensions the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFX...AyBQ2l-Mzkw7ew
Its a good thing I downloaded each section of the manual.