Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-14-2015, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=SteveH;7375759]Well folks, It is not as complete as I was hoping. but with the number of requests that I have been receiving lately to get my collection online has spurred me into a form of action.

the site http://www.victoriansweatshop.com is now up and running.

I am sitting here absolutely breathless after looking at your photos. Your machines shine like jewelry and they truly are gems. Absolutely a first class collection that has been given first class restoration. Thank you for posting this!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dantanamo View Post
There are repairmen, then there are repairmen. ....... He's been in business since 1961, and I was very satisfied with his knowledge, ability and pricing.
I have a repairmen like that and keep hoping he never decides to repair. The other 'repairpeople' in my area are lazy or crooks or both!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Well folks, It is not as complete as I was hoping. but with the number of requests that I have been receiving lately to get my collection online has spurred me into a form of action.

the site http://www.victoriansweatshop.com is now up and running. ...
Thank you Steve for posting this. Did you mean to double link your signature? If you click on the "http://www.vi" portion it is linked to http://www.crimsonforge.com/VSS.html but if you click on "ictoriansweatshop.com" it is linked to http://www.victoriansweatshop.com/

Another thing I want to thank you for is being kind to those of us that are still on dialup when you post your pictures. or on the rare occasion that you should post larger you at least apologize for it.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:55 PM

I am desperate for help!! My wonderful Viking class 21 has bobbin issues. The hook assembly rattles and I can't for the life of me figure it out!! Help!! I adore this machine, but between the motor not wanting to engage and this, I'm going crazy. When she runs, it's a beautiful thing.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kikidakis View Post
I am desperate for help!! My wonderful Viking class 21 has bobbin issues. The hook assembly rattles and I can't for the life of me figure it out!! Help!! I adore this machine, but between the motor not wanting to engage and this, I'm going crazy. When she runs, it's a beautiful thing.
m
I would suggest taking it to the dealer. It sounds like something plastic is wrong. Some times gears break and need to be replaced. some of the older European machines had plastic earlier than the 80s. I know my Elna from the 60s had disposable gears in it. I can't say how many times mine had to be replaced. Not a do it your self project and may cost more than it is worth to repair. If you are used to doing repairs your self, open up the machine and look for broken or cracked parts. If you are lucky and it one of those antique Viking machines you might still shine some light in there and watch what it is doing. How long have you had the machine? Picture of it?

Last edited by miriam; 11-18-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:46 AM
Power Poster

I had a more tactful answer but I took too long and it went to the moderator.
Sorry. Try cleaning out all the lint you can find. Look for cracked or broken plastic parts. If that doesn't work check with a dealer. It may cost more than replacing the machine. Those old free arm machines can really get packed with lint and some times it will clog up a gear enough to break one.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:47 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535990[/ATTACH]This in the house my son just bought isn't it pretty. It needs a belt but all the attachments are with it spare needles and a couple bobbins.
Attached Thumbnails 102_2937.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 08:50 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535992[/ATTACH]Even the cabinet is in very good condition
Attached Thumbnails 102_2938.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Banned

very cool.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:12 PM

Donna,

Both the machine and cabinet are very pretty. Is that one of the machines that takes the obsolete needles the CC1221 or some such weird designation?