Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage White Rotary MG77  sn17164 >

Vintage White Rotary MG77 sn17164

Vintage White Rotary MG77 sn17164

Old 02-20-2014, 03:54 PM

Default Vintage White Rotary MG77 sn17164

I have done a little study on tis machine and was wondering if the date of manufacture can be determined... The white co. used Magnesium during the war and because of the fearly low sn.. was wonder if it can be pinpointed...
The machine is very smooth and works great at slow speeds... I would like a manual or pdf. I have a manual for the basic rotery that has some of my machine...
I have been buying older machines and find them wonderful...I do not know how to saw but I plan on learning by making a Quilt out of my motorcycle shirts...
What are some of the machine's you all use???

Thank You for letting me join your board...

Grizly
Old 02-20-2014, 04:56 PM

Welcome aboard! I owned a White 77MG briefly. I liked the machine and gave it to a very good friend. This is the closest manual I could find for free.
http://www.ismacs.net/domestic/manua...ine-manual.pdf
The Domestic 153 MG is basically the same machine.
I hope this helps,
Rodney
Old 02-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Banned

Welcome! We use everything vintage and antique. I have machines that work that are from as far back as 1862 (Yes, a Civil War sewing machine) Some folks use electric, some treadle, some handcrank, some all three.

We help folks here. It's fun. We also help folks restore and refurbish old machines

What we DO NOT do is talk people into being sensible, or suggest folks use restraint on buying and fixing old machines, nope... not us.

We sometime refer to it as SMAD (Sewing Machine Addiction Dissorder) none of us want a cure BTW.

Now that you have joined, it is your board too. read the rules and have fun.

Ask lots of questions (we like that)

Post pictures (we really like that)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 PM

For some reason, likely related to some acquisition or another, Singer has a manual for the White Model 77 on their website. Here is the link for a free .pdf copy that you can download to your computer:

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...7-series-x.pdf
Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM

I want to thank all that responded with such speed, the manuals are great thank you...

Grizly
Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 PM

I'm 75 and ride Motorcycles, I wanted to sew my patches on leather... I bought a Singer slant but it was broken, bad plastic teeth... I lost $20 on that machine... I started to study the machines and found out about the vintage beauties... I now have 6 or 7 machines from Singer to Pfaff to Necchi and now a white I paid $6 for I have spent as much as $1 for machines that no one wanted and sold for $$$$ for a nice profet . I picked up a Pfaff e1222e for $5 I did quite well on that one.. I sold a Necchi Supernova Julia to a woman in Indonapolus she drove to MO to pick it up... I am haveing a good time working with all of them, the quility is outstanding, owe the woman also bought a beautiful singer in a walnut cabinet...I guess I'm a SMAD (Sewing Machine Addiction Dissorder)... well thats ok.. I hit the Auctions...

Grizly another SMAD

Last edited by Grizly; 02-20-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Mlmack I would never have thought to look there.
I did see somewhere that Singer and several other brands are all part of the same corporation these days. I think the White name was one of the others. I guess what it means is if you think the new machines all came from the same place there's a good chance you're right.
Rodney
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Banned

White is owned by Husqvarna. You can call the 800 # and give them a White serial number, they will tell you model and age. I called about my White Model A (1st white ever) they dated it correctly to 1876. GOOD records...