Wanted Dead or Alive!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Ooooh Yes,,,i know he's interested ! Hoping you have better luck than I did in trying to track down one while nephew was in Russia recently but i don't think he tried very hard as he was on vacation and had 2 little ones with him too.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Almatinka
Hello, Billy.

I just registered for two reasons. I don't quilt (I have my reasons), but I did start sewing not so long ago and I just purchased two Singer treadles (first one for 75 and then another one in a better condition for 50 with accessories - haven't decided yet which one I will keep, but definitely will be keeping only one, as I already have three other machines and a serger ;-)). So your extensive knowledge in vintage machines was what originally brought me to this forum - I thought, though, that I would be just "lurking". But now that I have seen this post, I know I can (maybe) help you as well - I am Russian myself, and if you are still interested in this machine, I will try and locate one for you. So far the only thing I did was search for "a sewing machine" (in Russian) on that Russian Ebay site you provided the link for (believe it or not, I've never heard of it, since living in MI I always use the "regular" one ;-)), but it showed me only these five http://search.classifieds.ebay.ru/ca...1&ll=all&ecl=1 (as far as I can tell only the last one is "made in Russia" - or rather USSR - but it's not the singer you want, of course). Either way, I will be happy to look (if you are still interested) on the Russian search engines and other sites for the one you listed here and also (hopefully) help you communicate with the seller (if you find one and if the seller speaks only Russian).
Yes I am interested!! I will find one someday soon (I hope) but yes if you can help me communicate with the seller it would be very nice.

Billy
Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 PM

I'll be happy to! ;-)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM

good luck on the hunt.that is one good look machine. We will sure know if we see one I have never see one like this.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM

good luck on the hunt.that is one good look machine. We will sure know if we see one I have never see one like this.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM

sorry
Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
QM
Power Poster

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 PM

These are the very few first results (through Google - I simply searched for "госшвеймашина") - I haven't yet done any "serious" research (and if you need translation of the ads, please write - however, I don't promise speedy responses - a full time with overtime job and family keep me rather busy ;-))

http://club.season.ru/index.php?s=8c...howtopic=24770 - as far as I can see this is exactly the one you were looking for. The cost is 5000 roubles, but the condition of purchase is "pick-up only" (it's in the suburbs of Moscow).

There are also these two: http://elektrostal.olx.ru/iid-122024441 and http://www.avito.ru/items/sankt-pete...shina_28063418 but they are a different kind.

I wonder, though, about shipping from/"pick up only" in Russia. My family is not there (they're in Kazakhstan), so I can't help with that. Will you be able to find ways, or should I try and look for them only here in US?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Okay do we know anyone in Moscow? That is the critter and it is a hand rank also!!!!

It translates into $187 then I would have shipping but at this point I really do not care! I hope someone here is from that part of the world.

Billy
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Wow!!!! Wouldn't that be great if someone would find one???? A treasure no doubt!!!!