Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
wards signature uht j277c questions >

wards signature uht j277c questions

wards signature uht j277c questions

Old 01-07-2021, 02:16 PM

Default wards signature uht j277c questions

I have this avocado beastie and I have a few questions. What bobbins does it take? There is a slide switch near the tread guide at the top. What should it do? Between the cam holder and the cool pop out bobbin winder is a little rotary knob. What should it do? I don't have anything quite like this and am just exploring it.

Thanks muchly.
Attached Thumbnails vsm-wards-signature-bobbin-winder-c.jpg   vsm-wards-signature-front.jpg  
Old 01-07-2021, 02:38 PM

I'd like to pretend I know enough to answer, but I can guess: class 15 bobbins? The slide selector for 1 or 2 needle sewing? The dial under the lid a special stitch length control, maybe for button holes?

I would move the switches and see what else moves, or get it threaded up and sewing and experiment, or both.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:55 PM

I found a manual for URR 277F but it looks like it may have the answers to you questions on pages 5 & 18 of the pdf. There are some other options to download at https://archive.org/details/Montgome...chine/mode/2up and the pdf at
https://archive.org/download/Montgom...%20Machine.pdf

Joe is correct about single or double needle sewing. I'm not sure I understand about the knob, but on page 22 of the pdf it starts to talk about buttonholes. It does mention the knob (H) for fine tuning the button hole. Is there an "S" on the knob that the flash or light kick isn't showing? If so, that would probably be talked about on page 18 and is for stretch sewing!?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)