Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What is the model of this NEW HOME >

What is the model of this NEW HOME

What is the model of this NEW HOME

Old 01-16-2024, 01:38 PM

Default What is the model of this NEW HOME

Got his from a flea market and rewired it so it does run but can't get the needle to pick up the bobbin thread. I read somewhere on this site that it must have the correct length of needle but have no clue as to the model # to use when looking. Helllllp please. P.S. Can't get the photos to load up.

Last edited by Mark Hat; 01-16-2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:19 PM

Welcome. sorry you couldn't get picture to load. It happens a lot. In the meantime you might want to look through a thread here called "New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club" at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...ub-t62186.html It has several pictures and 184 posts. I gave my usual response to how to post pictures on the last page, but will post here.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button. As shown at Standard Sewing Machine Co. Paragon

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Some additional notes -
The photos generally need to be reduced to less than 2MB in size. I have heard of people sending an email to themselves as it will ask if you want to reduce the size.

I have an android phone and when I tried to reply on Quilting Board while in mobile view None of the options for adding pictures was available. However, there is an option down at the bottom left of the page that is for Full Site when I tapped on "Full Site" It then looked like the way it looks on my lap top. So it would have the Red Reply and the Go Advanced options.

Do Not Preview post.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Welcome. sorry you couldn't get picture to load. It happens a lot. In the meantime you might want to look through a thread here called "New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club" at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...ub-t62186.html It has several pictures and 184 posts. I gave my usual response to how to post pictures on the last page, but will post here.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button. As shown at Standard Sewing Machine Co. Paragon

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Some additional notes -
The photos generally need to be reduced to less than 2MB in size. I have heard of people sending an email to themselves as it will ask if you want to reduce the size.

I have an android phone and when I tried to reply on Quilting Board while in mobile view None of the options for adding pictures was available. However, there is an option down at the bottom left of the page that is for Full Site when I tapped on "Full Site" It then looked like the way it looks on my lap top. So it would have the Red Reply and the Go Advanced options.

Do Not Preview post.
Thanks for the great reply. I will try to re-post this to that forum and I have resized the photos. Can't wait to get this gorgeous old machine working.....got tons of things I want to make with it. **Life is more gooder when you and your tools are more older**
Old 01-17-2024, 01:57 PM

Assuming you have the correct needle, and assuming the needle has a flat side on the shank, that flat will likely face either the right or the left. turn it 180degr from how it is now and see if it will pick up the bobbin thread.