Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Wheeler & Wilson D9 please help >

Wheeler & Wilson D9 please help

Wheeler & Wilson D9 please help

Old 08-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Default Wheeler & Wilson D9 please help

My niece recently passed and in cleaning out her house, I found 3 machines, one being a Wheeler & Wilson D9, with a number of patent dates, the last being Aug. 2, 1892. It is in a cabinet with the wooden box on top. I have never put pics on the Quilting Board but if there is interest I will. I have no idea how to price this one for the estate sale, so if someone is interested in helping me, please do. I really like the brass plate showing the maker.
There is a long No. 2537845 on the one top plate near the needle. All the attachments are in a nice wooden box in the right side drawer. The cabinet only has one drawer on each side, and then the middle drawer. The box on top has some nice patterns in the wood, probably pressed into it.
The other two machines are regular Sears but they must be moved into the bedroom before I open them. I am overwhelmed but I guess I will get thru this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:32 PM

I see the attachment boxes going for $30-50 with attachments. For an average beat up W&W D9 probably $50. I'd guess $75-$100 would be about right in NJ where the market is pretty poor. Some regions are much more prosperous where you might be able to double that.

Good Luck
Jon
Old 08-16-2015, 07:13 AM

I agree with Jon's pricing, adding that the "bagel" type W&W bobbins are valuable; I've seen them sell for $30 a piece, so consider that when deciding on a price if you have extra bobbins with the accessories. Also, it's unusual for the decals to be in good shape; they're much more delicate than Singer's, so that should only influence the price if the decals are pristine. Also, be super cautious if you plan to clean it up. The No. 9 is an excellent machine and has a loyal following.