Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wheeler and Wilson No. 9- Where to find parts?

Wheeler and Wilson No. 9- Where to find parts?

Good morning,
    I was recently gifted a Wheeler and Wilson 9 that is in overall good condition, but needs some basic parts.

I am looking for a bobbin case, bobbins, presser feet and the wooden bar that goes from the treadle to the flywheel.

Any ideas where to find parts would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Tia H.
    thequiltpolice.com

I have found parts on ebay for all kinds of old and new things. Here's a link to a bobbin case, and here to a set of accessories. With a bit of search and effort you might come in contact with people who have parted up a machine at some point.

The Singer W9 is nearly ( entirely?) teh smae machine after Singer bought W and W. Could be a parts suppy. though you may need to check that more closely.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

Yes, until I get the machine here I don't really know what I'm going to need. I don't think there was a needle in the machine but I have to check everything out. Finding the manual was fabulous. That will certainly help me a lot. Pictures are worth a million words, they always say!
    --- Jean

jdquilts123.blogspot.com