Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Where to find a bobbin winder replacement part on Singer 15-91 >

Where to find a bobbin winder replacement part on Singer 15-91

Where to find a bobbin winder replacement part on Singer 15-91

Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Default Where to find a bobbin winder replacement part on Singer 15-91

Hello...On my Singer 15-91 I slide my bobbin on the winder (fits and stays on there great) then I make sure the little pin is engaged in the side of the bobbin and push down my winder to lock it in, but when I start to wind, my little bobbin pin has a hard time staying in the side of my bobbin and it keeps slipping out. I have adjusted the bobbin wheel and tried a metal and plastic bobbin in the right size. Do these little pins get worn down? Can they be replaced, if so does an online store carry them?
Thanks so much!!!

Last edited by BirdyFeathers; 06-02-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Birdyfeathers,

When the bobbin winder is presser down against the hand wheel there is a finger that drops down between the sides of the bobbin. Press this finger to the right side towards the bobbin winder. Light tapping with a rubber mallet is sometimes necessary. This is a normal adjustment as the finger frequently gets bent towards the left and wil no longer keep the bobbin on the pin.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BirdyFeathers View Post
Hello...On my Singer 15-91 I slide my bobbin on the winder (fits and stays on there great) then I make sure the little pin is engaged in the side of the bobbin and push down my winder to lock it in, but when I start to wind, my little bobbin pin has a hard time staying in the side of my bobbin and it keeps slipping out. I have adjusted the bobbin wheel and tried a metal and plastic bobbin in the right size. Do these little pins get worn down? Can they be replaced, if so does an online store carry them?
Thanks so much!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Hi Cathy,
Thank you very much!! I did just as you said and it worked perfectly!!
Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Birdyfeathers,

When the bobbin winder is presser down against the hand wheel there is a finger that drops down between the sides of the bobbin. Press this finger to the right side towards the bobbin winder. Light tapping with a rubber mallet is sometimes necessary. This is a normal adjustment as the finger frequently gets bent towards the left and wil no longer keep the bobbin on the pin.

Cathy
Old 06-02-2013, 07:13 PM

Birdyfeathers,

You're welcome. Anytime.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BirdyFeathers View Post
Hi Cathy,
Thank you very much!! I did just as you said and it worked perfectly!!