White Rotary 40 Bucks

Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 PM

Default White Rotary 40 Bucks

I chickened out! It went up and down wheel turned but motor was loose, the little rubber thing that turns the wheel was squared off and no bobbin

Feeling like I might have missed out

Did I miss out?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:08 PM

No accessories either
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 PM

I think we'd have to see photos for the knowledgeable folks on this Board to advise you. Whether the machine was worth the $$$$$, we generally don't get into that. But the condition of the machine, well that's another matter. I'm a rank amateur myself, but we have truly knowledgeable folks on this board!
Jeanette
Old 03-26-2015, 08:41 PM

It was in excellent shape otherwise. No rust, everything moved no bare wires
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 PM

Then it may have been a good buy. I am not experienced enough to say, because as I said, I'm a rank amateur when it comes to the machines --although I've been sewing all my life!

Jeanette
Old 03-27-2015, 03:12 AM

it really depends - White Rotaries came in a lot of variations, some worth more, some less.

A lot would depend on the case/cabinet.

A more plain White Rotary, no attachments and NOT in a really nice case/cabinet for $40, I would have passed.

No bobbin is not a big deal, but if it had no bobbin carrier, that IS a big deal. They aren't that hard to get, but it will increase the cost. For some machines, if the carrier is not there, you might as well pass as you'll never get one unless you find another machine with one. But I will say - if you are a collector, sometimes the best example comes cheap without a carrier, and they you find a junky version with the carrier.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:48 AM

The motors are spring loaded.
The drive wheels are still available, they cost about the same as a belt.
Bobbins are still available.
Accessories are not that hard to find.

Prices are going up all the time. I've seen a significant increase in just the three years I've been into machines.
Had I seen it and wanted it, that price would not have deterred me.

Joe
Old 03-27-2015, 04:18 AM

Joe - do you want an older White Rotary? - I ended up with three of them when I bought that "lot" of treadle stuff. Would just be the machine head - I really need to get rid of them. I promised DH I'd get the storage shed cleaned out after my Machine Shed was built, I can keep some in storage, but not like I have. I had no idea I was going to end up with two van loads of treadle stuff when I bought that "Lot" on craigslist - she didn't have all that much pictured. Maybe she had not intended to part with as much, but she liked what we were doing and just kept digging out more to put in the van.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 AM

Cathy,

Email me a pic of one of them. I too have to get rid of some extra machines, but I do like the White Rotaries.

Joe
Old 03-27-2015, 07:53 AM

I'll send you pics along with those of the cabinets - they are all in the same place right now.

I'd love nothing more than to leave here with a van load of sewing machines/cabinets/stuff that found homes along the trip. I am NOT selling, I'm rehoming. Would rather see it go free to someone that wants it for what it is, than sell it to someone that will de-purpose it. Since I'm bringing back three - I sort of need to find homes for at least that many or I'm not making progress in the correct direction!