Why didn't anyone warn me????

Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
We did warn you. You just didn't heed the warning.

Just don't go to an auction. If you limit yourself to one at a time, you might not end up with a house full or in my case, 14 sewing machines in the garage + more in the storeroom.

bkay
Oh, yeah, you DID warn me. But I think the Goodwill site is WORSE than a live auction, b/c there's SO MANY MACHINES across the US!!!!!

I'm such a sucker. I have found another "toy" sewing machine on the Goodwill site.
I have GOT to quit doing this.

I go to pick up my Viking Designer1 this afternoon... hopefully, seeing that fact that I now have 2 Vikings, my new-to-me Featherweight and a serger, plus the little toy above...and the fact that my longarm obviously hogs the rest of my space... perhaps seeing all those sitting together will bring me to my senses.
Maybe.

Once I get outbid on the toy one, I'm banning myself from that site.

***Edited to add this:
bkay, if you decide to sell some, please PM me. Because I DO want to learn how to fix the old ones. I've been looking around for classes just for that purpose! ***
Old 12-14-2016, 10:56 AM

It is cute. I sort of started to collect until I realized that I don't really have the room to be serious and I prefer to use the ones I already have. So I have a 221, 222, 301a, and a 99 in my small collection. I have a Janome 8900 for everyday all purpose quilting. I do use the 221 and 301 for class. The 99 needs some work, so she sits patiently waiting for some attention.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:45 PM

Default Which one would you like for postage?

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
bkay, if you decide to sell some, please PM me. Because I DO want to learn how to fix the old ones. I've been looking around for classes just for that purpose! ***
I promised 1st choice to kenmoregirl on the 2 Gritzner made Kenmores. I have a singer 319, a necchi supernova, a White 651 and a Viking 6370 that I'd be willing to part with for shipping. I also have a singer 15-125, but want to look at it more closely before I offer it for postage.

Only one offer per person, though.

bkay
Old 12-14-2016, 07:34 PM

I made a queen size quilt with my toy machine.The girls at the hand sewing group said "no machines", so i brought this puppy to the meetings and they ok'd it because it had no cords and didnt take up space. They took photos of me sewing and all were intrigued....now my 5 yr old GD sews on it. (My toy sews a chain stitch and uses a special needle.) I still use my FW for 99% of my piecing for quilting.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:21 AM

You think the FW was addictive, you have opened a new category with the toy machine. I now have 4 and have a great time scouring antique shops for others. I am getting DH to put a special shelf in my sewing room for them to sit upon so I can enjoy them. Enjoy the hunt. I have found that dusty antique shops are so much better than dusted shops for the hunt.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:25 AM

I promised 1st choice to kenmoregirl on the 2 Gritzner made Kenmores. I have a singer 319, a necchi supernova, a White 651 and a Viking 6370 that I'd be willing to part with for shipping. I also have a singer 15-125, but want to look at it more closely before I offer it for postage.

bkay
Originally Posted by toverly View Post
You think the FW was addictive, you have opened a new category with the toy machine. I now have 4 and have a great time scouring antique shops for others. I am getting DH to put a special shelf in my sewing room for them to sit upon so I can enjoy them. Enjoy the hunt. I have found that dusty antique shops are so much better than dusted shops for the hunt.
BKay, I pm'd you about the Viking.

Toverly, I think you're right... the "dusty" shops don't even know what they have!! I think those shops that are just generic "thrift shops" are the same.

Case in point, when I picked up my Designer 1 from the shop yesterday, one of the clerks mentioned that a customer had been to the thrift store across the street and found an older Viking for $5!!!! And it WORKED!!!!!!

<SIGH> I need to keep in mind that I still have Christmas presents to buy....
Old 12-21-2016, 11:21 AM

LOVE IT!! It's so cute!!
Old 12-23-2016, 04:48 PM

Yup, FW are addicting, but so are the toy/tiny sewing machines. Ask me how I know? I collect both!
Old 12-27-2016, 03:47 PM

bkay
Since I seem to mostly be a Viking girl, if the offer is still open, I'd love the Viking 6370. Thank you so much, BKay!!
I will PM my address to you shortly.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on the cute find!