Wires on Singer 15-91

Old 08-20-2011, 01:19 PM

I'm sorry I can't help - you just reached the point where I wouldn't go. ;)

I always send my potted motors to Jenny at sew-classic for re-wiring and for the motors that attach to a bracket that attach to the machine, I just buy a new motor. It's already wired, it's clean, strong running - and at only $22, it's cheap. :)

Getting a potted motor refurbished is more than just soldering on some new wires - Jenny cleans everything thoroughly, replaces the brushes if they need it, etc. It's not cheap, but I know that the motor is safe when she does it - that's not something I could be sure of, if I did it. :mrgreen:

Electricity is one of those things I'm extremely wary about - perhaps unnecessarily so, I don't know - we all have our little quirks and maybe this is one of mine. But, there are very few electrical components that I will touch. :)

Good luck and have fun! :)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Thank you for the suggestion thepollyparrot!

I never thought I would know how to deal with electricity, and I actually don't know much, but I think I am good at following instructions, especially when there is a diagram for it. The wires in the pedal are very easy to change if you don't mess up which side of the wire goes where, and you can figure that out when you open the three pin terminal.

I would send it to Jenny, but I still think it is cheaper if I take it to this dealer in my town. I opened the motor and it's in very good shape and it runs very well. I am just going to change the cord to be cautious because I know they can go worse on me anytime and can cause a serious accident.

I will let you guys know what happens. ;)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Cilinhamix, have you figured out your motor? I have the same machine and am in the exact same position. My motor works, but the wires are iffy... I'd really like to be able to do everything on my own but am unsure of what I'm getting myself into. So, I thought if you figured it out it would be helpful to me =) THANKS!