Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Wondering about a singer sewing machine >

Wondering about a singer sewing machine

Wondering about a singer sewing machine

Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CMARAS1234 View Post
even the Singer TOUCH AND SEW was a piece of crap.. put four motors on one till I threw it away. i think it was 1955, plastic gears.
Those torch 'n throw sewing machines came out in the 60s - I remember the one they gave us for HomeEc - I vowed I would NEVER EVER buy a Singer - at least not a new one. Never have. I've bought a new Janome and regretted it - finally sold it on CL. Those old machines just can't be beat.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by phenry View Post
I would like to talk to someone who may have a Singer Sewing Machine that also has an extended arm for quilting. I saw one in a store but didn't feel comfortable buying it until I could speak to someone who may have tried it already.
Hi Phenry,
I did purchase a Singer Quilter this year.. the Confidence 7469 with a long bed attachment. Got it for a good price.. I did try it out prior and it fit my needs for the type of sewing I was doing. It runs so quietly my DD was quite impressed when she heard it.. have had it almost one year, do my own maintenance/cleaning/oiling and so far, so good.. I didn't pay a lot for it and the long bed was a plus factor as well as the attachments that came with it/walking foot, etc..I know people told me to stay away from the new Singer but this one I liked. And still do.. Hope this helps.