Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
WOOO-HOOOOO!!! I Got A Featherweight!!!!! >

WOOO-HOOOOO!!! I Got A Featherweight!!!!!

WOOO-HOOOOO!!! I Got A Featherweight!!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 AM

Congrats on your "black beauty"!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Congrats! That is one spiffy machine! Enjoy!!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 AM

WOW she looks gorgeous, I am green with envy!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:14 AM

Still new to Featherweights and to the Craigs List. I didn't even know there was a key to the case!

What section of Craigs did you see this FW listed? I think I must be looking in the wrong area. Also, curious what part of Kentucky did you find this beauty?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by ccthomas View Post
Still new to Featherweights and to the Craigs List. I didn't even know there was a key to the case!

What section of Craigs did you see this FW listed? I think I must be looking in the wrong area. Also, curious what part of Kentucky did you find this beauty?
Hi Carol :c)

I found her in the Lexington listings. When the Craigslist main page pops up, there is a section there to do a search. I just type in "sewing machine" (without the quotation marks) into that search field. It will give you a page of all the listings that even mention a sewing machine in the description. Most of the listings actually ARE sewing machines, but once in a while you'll get a posting about a car or something that will say, "Runs like a sewing machine" in the listing. LOL! I've been watching for months and FINALLY found my girl! :c)

Donna
Old 09-18-2012, 06:43 AM

Wow, fantastic find-it looks like it your Featherweight is in perfect condition.
Have fun using her for all your projects.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 AM

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I am doing the "happy dance" with you.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by bstock View Post
Wow!! Lucky you!! I scan craigslist too!! One day I hope to find one that is as great and cheap as yours. Enjoy!!
I found both my FW's on CL for a great price and in great condition with all the attachments, oil etc. One is from NC and the other from TN....Could not be happier
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 AM

Congrats....that's a wonderful find. I like the name Miss Priss too. Or for a really old name you could go with Mahetabel Penelope...lol

My DH said "Now you can call it 'Mine'"

Last edited by Ellen; 09-18-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Howdy y'all :c)

I keep an eye on Craigslist on a regular basis to see if I can find a machine I'm interested in. About a week ago, I saw a Featherweight on there, but didn't have the money to get it until I got paid on Friday. So I sent a message to her, just KNOWING that it was already gone. She still had it! She said it had belonged to her Grandmother, and when she passed away it was taken to her Dad's house. He kept it in a closet until his recent death, and she inherited it. So as of Friday, I am the proud owner of a totally IMMACULATE Featherweight! I took it the next day to a local quilt shop to have it serviced, and her jaw dropped when she saw it. The gold lettering on it is in absolutely perfect condition...not a scratch on it anywhere! It came with all of the attachments, 8 bobbins, the keys to the case, the owner's manual, and even with the antique metal can of Singer Sewing Machine Oil!!! The lady at the quilt shop told me if I paid less than $500 for it, I got a steal. I got it for $200! Now she needs a name.....

Donna
Welcome to the FW club. You will have to name her. Your new BFF will be a lot of fun to play with. Happy Sewing.