Is This Worth Anything?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:32 AM

The attachments are actually worth more separated from the machine. Most folks might pay a bit more for a machine with the attachments, but not much. Sold separately, you'll get more, IMO ONLY.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
The attachments are actually worth more separated from the machine. Most folks might pay a bit more for a machine with the attachments, but not much. Sold separately, you'll get more, IMO ONLY.
I have to agree with Charlee. Sell the attachments individually. Your cabinet looks in really good condition. If you don't think you'll get what you want. Take a look at the price of a shuttle. You might do better to sell the whole thing in parts. Your machine doesn't look in too great a shape but the parts (balance wheel, shuttle and case, the sliding cover for the bobbin area, the individual silvery metal parts) are always being looked for. The cast iron part of the base sells for a pretty good price too. Take a look at how much a good condition cabinet top goes for. I've seen the drawers on the treadles go for as much as the machine does and yours are nice and decorative.

It would be nice if you could keep it all together because it's a great thing to have for the future but if you have to sell it, I'd try to get the most out of it. Just remember that you'll be the one who has to carefully pack and ship it so allow for the cost of that in your shipping price.

Last edited by jeaninmaine; 05-13-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM

I sent you a PM about the attachments and haven't heard back.
Janis