Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Would appreciate information on my Sears Minnesota Treadle Sewing Machine >

Would appreciate information on my Sears Minnesota Treadle Sewing Machine

Would appreciate information on my Sears Minnesota Treadle Sewing Machine

Old 12-08-2021, 11:18 PM

Default Would appreciate information on my Sears Minnesota Treadle Sewing Machine

Spoiler

Old 12-09-2021, 03:36 AM

I've had this sewing machine for at least 30 years and finally decided to start using her. It would be nice to know an approximate year. I haven't been able to find much information. Her decals are a bit warn, I've ordered a new belt, there are 3 shuttles and 6 bobbins and 3 additional attachments. The number on the plate is D674962 and it has an E. It is in a Sears. Roebuck & Co cabinet with Sears, Roebuck & Co on the foot treadle. I would have attached pictures but I can't figure out how.
Thank you
Welcome Pamela. Yes, a picture would help. I will give instructions later. (There are probably some instructions in the links as well.) I'm going to guess that your machine is from the very early 1900s and may take "Davis Long" needles.

If you look at http://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html there were several Minnesota machine made by several different manufacturers.

A couple of threads that have some good information about Minnesota machines are Need help identifying Sears Minnesota treadle sewing machine and Vintage Minnesota Treadle Does yours look like the one at Need help identifying Sears Minnesota treadle sewing machine or Minnesota Model E given to sister in law

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-09-2021 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:26 PM

I believe my machine looks like the post from Rhubarb "Need help identifying Sears Minnesota treadle sewing machine " the plates are the same except the model number. The decals are different too.
I remember why I haven't been using this machine - it's missing the tension disk and spring. The release and the bee hive spring are there.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:54 PM

I believe that I have figured out how to post pictures. Thank you for the instructions ”Ourworkbench”.

She definitely needs a cleaning.

I also purchased tension disk that I am hoping will fit.
Attached Thumbnails 36c56b1a-cbaf-48c8-bfd0-be91f74fe85e.jpeg   358e71bf-8d39-4a6e-812f-8b27d3d25b7f.jpeg   3f807daa-7de6-48bc-ac7d-dd2258c6fc0c.jpeg   086f5b16-5278-4d7e-b38e-dd6883dfdea9.jpeg   e2b7dbec-3a9f-4903-bc29-5ea6c1805bbb.jpeg  

Last edited by PamelaLarsen; 12-09-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:03 AM

D674962 was made in 1901 by Davis SMCo for the Sears catalog.

Jon
Old 12-11-2021, 11:11 AM

Davis model E Minnesota schematic
Attached Thumbnails davisehgpartscatalog.jpg  
Old 12-11-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Davis model E Minnesota schematic
Jon, thank you for the date and schematic for my machine. It is amazing to me that it's 120 years old.
Thank you again
Pamela