Yard Sale Jackpot!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Default Yard Sale Jackpot!!!

Howdy y'all 😃

I totally cleaned up at yard sales today! First I went to one that didn't seem to have anything I wanted. That is until I noticed a little yellow box. I had to stretch to reach it behind a bunch of other stuff, but I'm glad I did! The only thing it had listed on the front that was actually in the box was 3 of the 5 rubber rings. Instead, it had a boatload of sewing machine attachments and feet in it, a Singer box, a plate, and 2 old, torn manuals in it! It was marked $1.00, but I got it for 50 cents! I was so excited about finding such a good deal, even though I don't know that they'll fit anything I have!

While out I checked Facebook real quick and noticed an old Singer in a cabinet that was for sale. So I went to check it out, and it was a model 66!! The cabinet needs to be refinished, it had no attachments or manual with it, and it's gonna need some major cleaning...but it works and I got it for only $20!!! I'm hoping some of you can tell me if any of the attachments I got at the first sale will fit either this 66 or my FW 221. Also hopefully y'all can tell me where to find a manual for the 66 too. Here are some pics of my haul. Oh, and I also got the shelf behind the machine (solid pine!) for $15! 😃

Donna
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 01:17 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Howdy y'all 😃

I totally cleaned up at yard sales today! First I went to one that didn't seem to have anything I wanted. That is until I noticed a little yellow box. I had to stretch to reach it behind a bunch of other stuff, but I'm glad I did! The only thing it had listed on the front that was actually in the box was 3 of the 5 rubber rings. Instead, it had a boatload of sewing machine attachments and feet in it, a Singer box, a plate, and 2 old, torn manuals in it! It was marked $1.00, but I got it for 50 cents! I was so excited about finding such a good deal, even though I don't know that they'll fit anything I have!

While out I checked Facebook real quick and noticed an old Singer in a cabinet that was for sale. So I went to check it out, and it was a model 66!! The cabinet needs to be refinished, it had no attachments or manual with it, and it's gonna need some major cleaning...but it works and I got it for only $20!!! I'm hoping some of you can tell me if any of the attachments I got at the first sale will fit either this 66 or my FW 221. Also hopefully y'all can tell me where to find a manual for the 66 too. Here are some pics of my haul. Oh, and I also got the shelf behind the machine (solid pine!) for $15! 😃

Donna
Nice haul! The feet where a great deal, it's a nice touch to have the connecting tab for many of those quilting guides. And equally nice work finding a 66 in such good condition.

From on freak to another, you deserve a cookie!
Old 06-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

A great haul ! I love finding all those Singer parts whether or not I can use them, I buy them anyways.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

WOW, what a great treasure you found.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Lucky you! I can't see all the attachments clearly but it looks like there are some low shank feet. Low shank feet will fit either the 66 or a FW.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Nice haul! I love the art on the yellow box. 1950s?
Looks like at least some of the attachments will fit. If they don't you'll just have to find machines to fit them.
Rodney
Old 06-12-2015, 05:52 PM

Rodney, you are an enabler, and we love you for it
Old 06-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Nice haul. The side clamp attachments fit most of the modern machines. My 66 takes back clamp, but your machine is much newer. Very good find.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 PM

Wow...great haul. Wish we had great finds like that in my area.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:19 PM

LOL!

Looks like you hit the motherlode!

Great find!