You all did try to warn me...

Old 08-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Barny, that's just funny! Also, definite congrats on reaching 90 and still having the get up and go to work on them!
Old 08-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Mwa ha ha ha! Another one succumbs to the siren call of vintage sewing machine!
Old 08-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Congrats Barney reaching 90, not many make it that far.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:51 AM

401 is calling me hard. close, cheap enough... but dang I really have too many.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM

I just spotted a 185 in table, in my price range, but not in my part of the state. Have to convince my #2 minion to pick it up for me.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:39 PM

Ummm... so I'm waiting on the 348 to get here, as well as the parts like the face plate I've already found and ordered off eBay for her -- but I may also end up having a Singer 66 here as well. Trying to decide if I go for the super cheap one I've dated back to 1914 that looks to be in excellent condition with beautiful Red Eye decals, or the Centennial version which is a couple towns over from me that the cabinet needs some work and I think it sounds like it will need new wiring. This could end up being bad... lol
Old 08-14-2019, 05:57 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616049[/ATTACH]As long as the cats can still climb the stairs, it's all good,
Attached Thumbnails attic-stairs-crop-2-b.jpg  
Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 AM

Oh wow Leon!!! You could be a super bad influence on me! lol We only have one cat that does the indoor and out routine, but my girl(my avatar pic) loves to help -- and that's 100+lbs of fluffy help that causes me to trip even on a straight and clear path b/c she likes to be right by/in front when walking.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by miniquilts View Post
Oh wow Leon!!! You could be a super bad influence on me! lol We only have one cat that does the indoor and out routine, but my girl(my avatar pic) loves to help -- and that's 100+lbs of fluffy help that causes me to trip even on a straight and clear path b/c she likes to be right by/in front when walking.
She's guarding you.

bkay
Old 08-14-2019, 01:48 PM

Bahahaha -- bkay, that's a lovely idea except that if there's anything scary(aka if anything's different) then she's hiding behind me or trying to jump in my arms! She's the biggest most gentle lovable lout of a pup ever, and I wouldn't change her for the world! She's actually saved my life several times, and alerts me automatically by her self if my blood sugar drops suddenly. I'm a type I diabetic. She's never been trained for that, and knowing her genetic history I still find it beyond miraculous this girl has chosen to help me in life as she has... I will never be a doubter of nurture over nature!

So, the 348 got delivered today with a few surprises to me... with her I got a box of 15 various cams, several presser feet, and an extra throat plate. She didn't come with the feed dog cover -- but am looking for one of those as needed. The face plate on her is broken, but I ordered one of those off eBay when I won her. That's showing like it should be here in the next few days. She is the prettiest aqua color! Other news in regards to vintage machines... I will be picking up not one but two 201's next week. Both are missing some pieces, though one does come in a lovely light/blonde colored wood cabinet. Woman stated she was just trying to clean out her basement and wanted them gone. I already dated the one in the cabinet to 1950, and the other one to 1948. Hoping I can get one workable machine out of the two of them, and possibly find the missing parts for the remaining one to get it functional/pretty again.

*Added goofy dog note -- my pup watched over the unboxing of the 348 today and wagged the entire time as I was oohing and ahhhing over it. lol