Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 162 of 617 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

  1. #1611
    Super Member b.zang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,808
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    It actually doesn't start till the 4th of January, klue is just making sure it's all ready to go before that date. So, plenty of time to join in still! ;-)

    And there's no pressure to keep up either, although there is a large incentive by way of a fabric prize drawn every six weeks or so. But there's no reason you can't pick just one or two blocks out of each schedule to do if you want to join in. It's going to be a lot of fun, and an awesome thing to be a part of. :-)
    I think that's just what I'm going to do. Right now I'm looking at fabric, thinking I would like to use the idea of making a "memory quilt" from previous quilt pieces. Not sure about mixing batiks in with the rest, but what the heck!
    Now to find the software........since I already have EQ6.

  2. #1612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribeth
    Kelly, please take my name off of the DJ list. I don't think I will be able to keep pace with y'all at this time. I received a few more orders for memory pillows and another quilt or maybe two (when I priced it out for this friend of a friend she said she would need to think about it before making deposit) and I need to finish most of these by the end of January. May try to follow-up with you then. Will still be reading to see all you have done. Take Care, Maribeth
    thats the beauty of this not being a "swap" you can just jump in and out as time permits.

    come May 2011, some will have finished quilting and binding and others will be finished with the tops.

    its the process of making it with friends that matters not the speed to completion.

  3. #1613
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    It actually doesn't start till the 4th of January, klue is just making sure it's all ready to go before that date. So, plenty of time to join in still! ;-)

    And there's no pressure to keep up either, although there is a large incentive by way of a fabric prize drawn every six weeks or so. But there's no reason you can't pick just one or two blocks out of each schedule to do if you want to join in. It's going to be a lot of fun, and an awesome thing to be a part of. :-)
    I think that's just what I'm going to do. Right now I'm looking at fabric, thinking I would like to use the idea of making a "memory quilt" from previous quilt pieces. Not sure about mixing batiks in with the rest, but what the heck!
    Now to find the software........since I already have EQ6.
    yes, jump in and do what you can - its your quilt and your life, make the cyber party fit your schedule.

    i'm sure many people will be ahead and behind at various times during the next 18 months.

    i'm the only person who can't fall behind the schedule :shock:

    the tutes will be on the forum - they won't be taken down for sometime, if ever.

  4. #1614
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'm the only person who can't fall behind the schedule :shock:
    No pressure! LMAO

    You're a machine, and besides, sleep is over rated ;-)

  5. #1615
    Super Member b.zang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,808
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'm the only person who can't fall behind the schedule :shock:
    Hmm, from reading through this, I had the impression that you are already so far ahead the beginning is just a distant memory.

    Besides, you SET the schedule, didn't you?

  6. #1616
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    thats the beauty of this not being a "swap" you can just jump in and out as time permits.

    Come May 2011, some will have finished quilting and binding and others will be finished with the tops.
    And there I will be with a big big pile of little teeny tiny pieces :oops:

    Ok, then I will try to get caught up, but I will be starting about three weeks behind. I have to finish these other projects first. Apparently, I am better then I thought, :D the memorial quilt and pillows I made for friends were very popular Christmas presents and I have a few orders.

  7. #1617
    Tiffany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    turns out i can't send out a group PM to everyone letting them know that tutes and pics are up.

    i'm slowly working my way thru the list of people who've signed up but if you guys happen to chat with others let them know the tutes are in the tute section and the pics are in the pic section.

    i've sent to shemjo already because i know she never gets notifications.
    I know the tutes and pictures are up so no need to send me a PM. That should save you about 10 seconds. ;)

    I sure hope my background fabric comes in soon. I may have to make a block or two and call it "practice."

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    It's the best bit about summer.... man cooking! LOL
    We BBQ even in the winter, when there are feet and feet of snow. My DH has even BBQ'd when it was -12F (-24C) We love BBQ!! :thumbup:

  8. #1618
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    It's the best bit about summer.... man cooking! LOL
    We BBQ even in the winter, when there are feet and feet of snow. My DH has even BBQ'd when it was -12F (-24C) We love BBQ!! :thumbup:
    -24?!?!? Blimey... I'd be hiding in my bed with the electric blanket on full! LOL

  9. #1619
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    well, I was about to start the first triangle, but I'm thinking perhaps I should take a few minutes to tidy my dungeon....

    What can I say, I've been busy! LOL
    Name:  Attachment-60970.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  56.3 KB

  10. #1620
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'm the only person who can't fall behind the schedule :shock:
    No pressure! LMAO

    You're a machine, and besides, sleep is over rated ;-)
    Yes my dear...no sickness, no vacation,no nothing. Just us and Jane!

Page 162 of 617 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.