Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM

I can also say that if we were'nt doing this quilt as a group I probably would'nt finish it!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM

I just found out I will be 1.25 hours away from the museum that has the original Jane in January. I called and THEY ARE CLOSED FOR JANUARY!!! I am going to be so close!!!! And besides they only display the quilt once a year. Maybe one day!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM

some how i lost track of this topic and had alot to read kwhite told me of my triangles and couldnt think of one i posted thank you every one for the wonderful comments and klue for posting the pics
Old 11-21-2009, 03:48 PM

i'm a newbee. to the site. just found this on recent topics. SOUNDS LIKE FUN. and it sounds like a sampler. ?? i'm still reading thru all the messages posted. sooo, we print out the rules, and lists, and just do them? and talk about it as we go, with suggest. and problems? right? thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Awwww Tiff, I sure wish you could join this year. I have all the stuff, but I have to make a decision on background fabric and get that. I know what kind of taste I have....always champagne....this time I need for it to be beer :roll:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
I am planning to join all of you in this project. You will probably think I'm nuts, but I am hand sewing all of the blocks. I have pp several quilts, but my sewing machine and I don't always get along :P My son is a CW reenactor, so I am making it for him in repro fabrics and muslin. I am lucky to have a QS about an hour away that specializes in CW repro fabrics.
how lucky for you and i'm sure your son is going to love the quilt.

i don't think hand piecing is crazy for some of the blocks it might be the easiest way to make them.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I sure wish I could get someone to get these for me for Christmas!! All I need is the software and rulers. As for fabric, why, I'd use my scraps of course! :wink: Sadly, everyone in the family is on such a tight budget and Christmas is going to be celebrated, but not by exchanging gifts, at least not this year. I say that but then I did make my grandson a quilt for his bed. What can I say, I'm grandma and it's my perogative! :lol:

I must admit this is one pattern that I find a bit intimidating. I think doing it as a group is a great idea!
i think on a budget, most quilters could actually do without the rulers since most of us already have squaring rulers that can square a block at 5 inches.

the triangle ruler can actually be made from quilters template materials.

i can put up the measurements on the triangle for people who would like to do that.

the real thing you need is either the software, my 1st choice because its easy to print out the patterns, or the book - which has the line drawings of the blocks and you just have to trace them.

so you would be looking at about $40 or so for the software and $20 or so if you went for the book instead to save money.

if you'd really like to be a part of the cyber block party let me know and we can do a shout out to see if someone on the forum has a book to lend you or something like that.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Janstar
Kelly, I worked it out by copying thr picture off of the computer and laying it out like that. What a job but I got it!! It nearly got tossed!!! I also finished LS10, that was so easy compared to BR11.

Cathy, Thanks for the great web sites for the DJ blocks and triangles. I hope Klue can do more of them in PP than she did. Welcome to the DJ Cyber Party!!
well that was like giving birth, i'm glad you mastered it.

did you have to print as a mirror.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM

I got my templates today. YEAH!!! Let GO.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewNso
i'm a newbee. to the site. just found this on recent topics. SOUNDS LIKE FUN. and it sounds like a sampler. ?? i'm still reading thru all the messages posted. sooo, we print out the rules, and lists, and just do them? and talk about it as we go, with suggest. and problems? right? thanks
yes, thats the basic idea. some people have started to play a little now because it is a very challenging quilt and a number of people have never made a jane block before.

we will start officially in Jan and the block list says what blocks to do for each week.

i'll be putting up the paper piecing order (for people who only have the book) and the harder blocks will have tutes showing how i put them together.

many other people, aside from myself, will be putting up tutes also since there are so many ways for putting these blocks together.

my strong skill is in paper piecing and i'll be redrafting as many blocks as i can to fit into this style.

other people in the group are masters of applique and they have already started to put together tutes covering those blocks.

so i think its going to be a very well rounded group with many block construction options that will assist the beginner all the way to the advanced quilter.

the tutes will be set up each week in that section of the forum, then we'll have a section for the pictures of the blocks in the picture section, and finally we'll have a general DJ chat thread in the swap section of the forum.