Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 247 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Banned
    turns out i can't send out a group PM to everyone letting them know that tutes and pics are up.

i'm slowly working my way thru the list of people who've signed up but if you guys happen to chat with others let them know the tutes are in the tute section and the pics are in the pic section.

i've sent to shemjo already because i know she never gets notifications.

I'm so excited!!

I have a question..... I'm doing the storm at sea sashings and I don't want to get to the end and have umpteen squillion sashing blocks to make up. If I attach the right side, corner block, and bottom to each block as I make it, at the end all I'll have to do is join them all together and I won't be missing any except the very left row and the top of the whole quilt top. Does that make sense?

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Okay, two blocks and one triangle down. One block to go! This is soooooooooo much fun.
    You are rockin girl! I also did the first two blocks today. Then read Klues message about mirroring I9 which I have to go back and re-print. I'm glad I didn't get ahead of myself. I have to get more of the Vellux paper Klue sent me samples of. I love it as it doesn't jam in the printer like Carol Doaks foundation paper does. Plus I like you can see thru it.

When I first went thru the software and book I was totally overwhelmed, but Klue is simplifying everything (thank god for Klue) and we have each other. Like you, I'm lovin this project and can't wait to see everyones pics for the first set.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    i put up the tutes for the first week of blocks, here's the link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32590-1.htm
    Klue - Does it really matter if we mirror the patterns before printing? I'm not comprehending this. Hugs, Sheree
    yes, you have to mirror first before printing.

its nothing that you, as the user, have to do except to click on the button that says "mirror" on the print menu screen.

the software does everything for you and it doesn't change the look of the block in the software just the way it prints out.

if you don't mirror this block before printing it won't come together with the fabric going in the right locations.
    Thank you Klue XO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I'm so excited!!

I have a question..... I'm doing the storm at sea sashings and I don't want to get to the end and have umpteen squillion sashing blocks to make up. If I attach the right side, corner block, and bottom to each block as I make it, at the end all I'll have to do is join them all together and I won't be missing any except the very left row and the top of the whole quilt top. Does that make sense?
    that sounds correct to me but it is 1:37 in the morning here so i could be slightly loopy.

Banned
    i put up the tutes for the first week of blocks, here's the link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32590-1.htm
    Klue - Does it really matter if we mirror the patterns before printing? I'm not comprehending this. Hugs, Sheree
    yes, you have to mirror first before printing.

its nothing that you, as the user, have to do except to click on the button that says "mirror" on the print menu screen.

the software does everything for you and it doesn't change the look of the block in the software just the way it prints out.

if you don't mirror this block before printing it won't come together with the fabric going in the right locations.
    Thank you Klue XO
    you're welcome

{{{XO}}}

I'm so excited!!

that sounds correct to me but it is 1:37 in the morning here so i could be slightly loopy.
    1:37am?!?!? Blimey! No wonder you get so much done, you don't sleep! lol

It's 8pm here, we're just having a barbecue for dinner. ;-)

The sashing seems right to me, but it seems too "easy" and I'm worried I'm missing something! LOL

Banned
    i love BBQ.

since i've been home from work i've turned into a vampire.

It's the best bit about summer.... man cooking! LOL

ok. well paper piecing will be new... I generally am more in the traditional piecing experience-wise; but the tute seems easy enough. Will be giving it a try considering the triangles in the quilt still intimidate the heck out of me!

Banned
    i've sent DH out to grill in the snow on many occasions just to get out of cooking :shock:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cjt_mama
    ok. well paper piecing will be new... I generally am more in the traditional piecing experience-wise; but the tute seems easy enough. Will be giving it a try considering the triangles in the quilt still intimidate the heck out of me!
    give paper piecing a try - it makes the blocks/triangles a lot easier to deal with - some of the pieces are just so tiny - the paper really helps.

The triangles intimidate the heck out of me too mama but Klue will get us through them!

This is the perfect time to learn! :-)

With the awesome step by step instructions provided, and so many of us doing it at the same time, we can't fail.

i've sent DH out to grill in the snow on many occasions just to get out of cooking :shock:
    LOL

Yeah... but guess who still has to make the salads, and the garlic bread, and get the plates and cutlery out, and the sauces, and dish everything up..... ;-)

Now I want to go play and sew..But I can't because my machine is set up outside of my DD's room. who is currently aslleep! But I did figure out how to add a pic to here...Yay!! Will have to look for a better one

That is what I am hoping! Fail-proof is my type of team!

Is that you and your sweet baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    It is... He is almost 5 wks now...

Banned
    OMG - you have a brand new baby. congrats!!!

is he your first?

Details, name, weight etc. etc. I'll name you Wonder Woman if you are taking care of a 5 week old son and making a DJ! Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    It is... He is almost 5 wks now...
    Congratulations! What a wonderful christmas gift! Best ever!

OMG - you have a brand new baby. congrats!!!

is he your first?

Thank you, I also have a 8 yr old daughter...I am having a blast being off work right now!

Congratulations!

The second is so much more enjoyable than the first.... less nerves I think! :-)

It's very cool thinking he will be turning one year old before we finish these quilts LOL

Congratulations!

The second is so much more enjoyable than the first.... less nerves I think! :-)

It's very cool thinking he will be turning one year old before we finish these quilts LOL
    Omg...I so did not want to think that far ahead! lol... It is kind of ironic though. He will be having lots of milestones with my DJ milestones!

Page 63 of 247 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast