Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-February-2014 BOM Squares & Rectangles Photo's.

Blog Entries
    Thought I had posted my blocks but guess not. I'm making mine from the same fabric as last year also for a bigger quilt.Name:  DSCF1879.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  1.26 MB

Have finished Block 1 and 2 for February, not sure if my fabrics work or not but I love those 3 pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

Blog Entries
    Jaba & Gramquilter2............Both of your blocks are wonderful & I love the color's you have picked for the year. Jaba I am so glad to see that you are going to use the same color's as you did for 2013. I love those color's so much, good for you. Gramquilter2 The three colors that you picked are also gorgeous together. I can just tell that you will also have a beautiful quilt at the end of this year. Thank You ladies for sharing with all of us here today, on the Quilting Board. Very nice work!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

I think your color choices work very well together. Love your blocks. Can't wait for March...
    Patti

Blog Entries
    Sulabug, is that pink I see in your blocks?

Here are mine.
    I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
    I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

Name:  000_0681.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  1.28 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Sulabug, is that pink I see in your blocks?
    jmoore............yes, you see PINK in both of my blocks!! I am using the same pink & purple combination that I used for the BOM 2013, so I will have a bigger quilt to put together. Here is a picture of the blocks I made for last year. I hope you enjoy them!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Loving what I'm seeing........I am playing catch-up today. Finished the medallion quilt round (making strictly from scraps), posted. Got both of these blocks made (making strictly from stash), posting. Now to start cutting for the mysterytrain (making 2 of these--a boy & a girl; making strictly from scraps & stash). Love the QB QA's! I have about 2 dozen plastic bags (open, of course) with fabrics put together that are ready for quiltmaking. I grabbed this one & I think I'm going to love this quilt...it's going to be very soft colors. I may keep this one for myself! Anyway, here are the first 2 blocks. Dusty mauve, dusty blue, dusty green, and a mottled dusty tan...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like all that have been posted ad like Vicki, mine will be strictly from stash (when I get started) meanwhile I'm collecting combinations from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    Here are mine.
    I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
    I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

Name:  000_0681.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  1.28 MB
    I think both blocks look beautiful, and I love the color comb.
    Patti

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast