Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1-February-2014 BOM Squares & Rectangles Photo's.

Here are mine.
    I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
    I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

Name:  000_0681.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  1.28 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Sulabug, is that pink I see in your blocks?
    jmoore............yes, you see PINK in both of my blocks!! I am using the same pink & purple combination that I used for the BOM 2013, so I will have a bigger quilt to put together. Here is a picture of the blocks I made for last year. I hope you enjoy them!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Loving what I'm seeing........I am playing catch-up today. Finished the medallion quilt round (making strictly from scraps), posted. Got both of these blocks made (making strictly from stash), posting. Now to start cutting for the mysterytrain (making 2 of these--a boy & a girl; making strictly from scraps & stash). Love the QB QA's! I have about 2 dozen plastic bags (open, of course) with fabrics put together that are ready for quiltmaking. I grabbed this one & I think I'm going to love this quilt...it's going to be very soft colors. I may keep this one for myself! Anyway, here are the first 2 blocks. Dusty mauve, dusty blue, dusty green, and a mottled dusty tan...

I like all that have been posted ad like Vicki, mine will be strictly from stash (when I get started) meanwhile I'm collecting combinations from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    Here are mine.
    I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
    I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

Name:  000_0681.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  1.28 MB
    I think both blocks look beautiful, and I love the color comb.
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Loving what I'm seeing........I am playing catch-up today. Finished the medallion quilt round (making strictly from scraps), posted. Got both of these blocks made (making strictly from stash), posting. Now to start cutting for the mysterytrain (making 2 of these--a boy & a girl; making strictly from scraps & stash). Love the QB QA's! I have about 2 dozen plastic bags (open, of course) with fabrics put together that are ready for quiltmaking. I grabbed this one & I think I'm going to love this quilt...it's going to be very soft colors. I may keep this one for myself! Anyway, here are the first 2 blocks. Dusty mauve, dusty blue, dusty green, and a mottled dusty tan...
    I love the soft colors.. I think it will make a beautiful quilt
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by pattilynn View Post
    Here are the blocks I have made. I already have a black, red and white quilted started, so I made 2 color ways.
    I hope you enjoy. I hope they upload correctly
    Just love the r/w/b one!!

I like those blocks. I think they look 've modern.

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Love your colors!!!

These are my Jan and Feb blocks for the Squares and Rectangles BOM 2014.... I have an idea for this quilt......I will have to let you know if it works out down the road.. For now here are the photos

Judy in Phx, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    These are my Jan and Feb blocks for the Squares and Rectangles BOM 2014.... I have an idea for this quilt......I will have to let you know if it works out down the road.. For now here are the photos

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Judy..............your blocks have turned out so pretty, I just love the fabric's you have selected to make them out of. I can hardly wait now to see what the block for March will be. So stay tuned in everyone!! Hope everyone is having FUN!!

Thank you SulaBug. I took am excited about the BOM. Hope my plans in m mind work out..February is a short month so March is not far off

Judy in Phx, AZ

dd
    Just wondering, is squares and rectangles the theme for this year or is that just the block this time?
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Just wondering, is squares and rectangles the theme for this year or is that just the block this time?
    The theme for this year is Squares & Rectangles, but there are so many different patterns that can be made, using this type of a theme. Stay tuned in for March, I think you won't be disappointed, at least I hope not!!

Hope this works, here are the ones I made

very pretty
    Patti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loveto View Post
    Beautiful blocks!! Your color combination goes together very well & I love your fabric choices too. It is going to be so much fun, watching your blocks as they progress during this year. Keep up the good work & thank you for sharing!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sulabug View Post
    beautiful blocks!! :d your color combination goes together very well & i love your fabric choices too. It is going to be so much fun, watching your blocks as they progress during this year. Keep up the good work & thank you for sharing!!
    Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 02-14-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Back at you & everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by loveto View Post
    Nice blocks.
    I had a lot of that pretty yellow fabric...if it is yellow with blue butterflies.....looks like it.

I had that yellow fabric with the blue butterflies too! :-) It's a VIP fabric. I recently used the last I had of it making a baby quilt top for a friend. I had the same print in pink, which I gave to the mother to use for the back. She's going to do the quilting part. She's having a girl. I used the D4P (disappearing 4 patch) with a twist pattern that the girls are using for the Valentine fabric this month in another QB group.

Here are my February blocks. Great blocks & easy. Off to a great start. I found this beautiful floral in my stash so this year I'm planning on using it as the focus fabric in my blocks.
    thanks, Sulabug for these.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Here are my February blocks. Great blocks & easy. Off to a great start. I found this beautiful floral in my stash so this year I'm planning on using it as the focus fabric in my blocks.
    thanks, Sulabug for these.
    mimi...........your blocks are gorgeous!! The floral fabric with your contrasting color's go together so well. I really like them too. I can just imagine how 12 blocks, similar to these will look. Keep up the good work & thank you for sharing!!

Mine are finished! I'm not as thrilled with the fabric choices together, I think it loses the block pattern, but I'm happy enough.
    Name:  BOM 1 and 2.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  558.4 KB
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    Mine are finished! I'm not as thrilled with the fabric choices together, I think it loses the block pattern, but I'm happy enough.
    Name:  BOM 1 and 2.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  558.4 KB
    WOW, are you fast or what? I really like your blocks & the fabric's you put together, are fabulous. I don't see that the pattern is lost as all. What an eye catching combination. Thank you for sharing with all of us today. We are so thrilled that you are able to join us in all of the fun of the BOM quilt block project!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast