Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Beautiful blocks ladies! I have to redo B1 as my buttons are in a square Instead of doing that I remade M3, the first one was horrible and the second one is a keeper. By far not perfect but I'm happy with it!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Week three! I was really dreading the one with the reverse applique as I have never done that before. It looked a lot harder than it actually was. I enjoyed doing it. Great to learn a new technique! I love all the variations in color everyone is putting up. Makes me want to start about 10 more Dear Janes!
    Love your blocks... you did the B-1 in reverse applique? I see in 'That Quilt' website it was done in reverse applique. I'm not sure I could do that. It looks great.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-29-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    These are my first four blocks. I am making two sets.....the ones on the right are my 'practice' blocks, and the ones on the left are my 'real' blocks for 'Jane Visits Pittsburgh.' Have more blocks, but haven't taken pictures yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kris

Blog Entries
    Kris, I love your themed blocks
    Nancy in western NY

Week Two Blocks

First set of three are for a Dear Jane using muslins and fabrics as close to her's as I can get. The second set of three are just using fabrics from my stash for a "Chocolate Dear Jane" made by Sandpat.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Week three!
    I was really dreading the one with the reverse applique as I have never done that before. It looked a lot harder than it actually was. I enjoyed doing it. Great to learn a new technique!

I love all the variations in color everyone is putting up. Makes me want to start about 10 more Dear Janes!
    Your blocks are great! I'm glad you said the reverse applique isn't too bad. I've never tried it before either so you are giving me a boost of confidence - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by linmid View Post
    I have been unable to start the DJ project, but have been following all of your progress. All of the blocks and colors are looking great. Maybe before long I will be able to start.
    Yes, I hope you can join us soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Your blocks are great! I'm glad you said the reverse applique isn't too bad. I've never tried it before either so you are giving me a boost of confidence - Thanks!
    Thanks Judy, I followed the instructions on That Quilt. They were easier to understand than the ones on the DJ CD...plus she had pictures!
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Judy, I like your drawing for the A1 block. It looks spot-on ! I tried drawing it up in EQ but could not figure out how to post it so I took a picture of what was on the screen so it is a bit distorted. The question I have is that when I looked at the foundation piecing of it, it looked like a nightmare to get together. How are you putting yours together?
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

TymeTo Shine, how did you get your circles so perfect? I have tried, but have't accomplished yet. I have really enjoyed looking at everyones blocks. They are all so beautiful.

Page 23 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 123 ... LastLast