Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

  1. #551
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    3
    @Jeanine: take your time and just do it. We make time for family, work and other chores...save a little time for you and your DJ. We will be right here to support and encourage you.

    Thanks all for the kind words.

    BTW - A11 is Definately English Paper Piecing for me!
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  2. #552
    Senior Member TymeToShine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    825
    Fraew,
    I also am considering EPP for A11 --- and I have never done EPP !!! It seems like it should work well for it. Really like your triangles this week---beautiful!
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

  3. #553
    Senior Member TymeToShine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    I sure missed a lot while I was ill/gone. It took me an hour to read all to catch up. I just love all of the blocks done. Am so impressed. I only have 2 weeks done. A lowly 4 blocks. Doubt I can catch up - this work thing gets in the way! But I will keep watching everyone elses progress.

    jeanine
    Jeanine - do what you can and don't worry about being "caught up"--- Just enjoy the journey! Have had to set the DJ aside for a bit myself as I am sewing some preemie gowns for a friend who had her baby 3 months early. The little girl is now 1 month old and almost 3 lbs at which point the NICU allows the babies to then wear more than just a diaper. The preemie gowns in the stores are too large for Shelby so I've spent today working up a workable pattern in the style Mama wants. Been awhile since I sewed knits so had to dig through my stuff to find the ball tip needles. Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day in getting the rest of the 8 gowns and hats sewn up. Gotta sew quick or Shelby will be grown out of these gowns!!!
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

  4. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    I am sewing some preemie gowns for a friend who had her baby 3 months early. The little girl is now 1 month old and almost 3 lbs at which point the NICU allows the babies to then wear more than just a diaper. The preemie gowns in the stores are too large for Shelby so I've spent today working up a workable pattern in the style Mama wants. Been awhile since I sewed knits so had to dig through my stuff to find the ball tip needles. Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day in getting the rest of the 8 gowns and hats sewn up. Gotta sew quick or Shelby will be grown out of these gowns!!!
    How wonderful of you to do that for the wee one. Mama will enjoy them all when she sees more than a diaper! The wee girl will look so nice.
    jeanine

  5. #555
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,534
    Blog Entries
    45
    Today, I went to Ace Hardware to have my custom tri ruler made. I took the original and one of my printed blocks with the 1/4" seam allowance drawn on it. I also asked him to cut off the tips. It took him about 5 minutes and cost $4. After taking the picture, I decided that lines on the ruler would be nice. I've had a tool in my desk drawer for about 20 years that I've never really used. It's for scratching your name into your expensive metal/plastic electronics in case of theft. It has a very sharp point. A couple lines went crooked and I rescratched, but it turned out great. I did the seam allowances and the center line, which are the ones I've seemed to be using so far. My tri's are 8.75" instead of 8"
    Name:  custom ruler.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  81.1 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-24-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?


  6. #556
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Today, I went to Ace Hardware to have my custom tri ruler made.
    Thanks for the tip. My tris are also sized differently and the ruler will help me keep them uniform. I have already decided that if they don't fit together correctly when I piece them, I will just add borders in the Jane S. style and make it work.
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  7. #557
    Super Member bookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,109
    Love the ruler idea! Makes me want to just do that next time I need one.

    Here's my update for this week. Row C is almost done
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #558
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,534
    Blog Entries
    45
    it's looking really great, bookworm
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?


  9. #559
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    382
    I really love how your all blues are looking, bookworm. Makes me think, since I only have 4 done, perhaps I'll do something like yours. Hmmm
    Jeanine

  10. #560
    Super Member Fabric Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    1,049
    Blog Entries
    3
    I have the 3 triangles to make and then I will be caught up. I will use the break for next week to finally get caught up and then I will post some pictures. I really love all of the blocks that I have seen. I will have to go to my software for DJ and see what they recommend for A-11.

  11. #561
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southeast Va
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bookworm.I love your blues!!!!!!

  12. #562
    Super Member bookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,109
    I finished the blocks for row C!

    Now.... I just need a trip to the fabric store for sashing.....or figure out where I put it.....

  13. #563
    Senior Member Chay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    405
    Bookworm, your colors are great! I've always wanted to make a blue and white quilt - also red and white. When DJ is done I'm going to do an Elm Creek quilt in blue and white so your quilt is an inspiration. Nice job!

  14. #564
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Gladys, what a mess! I hope you can go back to sewing very soon!

    SheriR, beautiful triangles! I made the same mistake too!
    Thank you very much, Anael!
    A big hug!

  15. #565
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Gladys, I hope all your house repairs go smoothly and you are soon sewing.
    Thanks, TymeToShine!
    A big hug!

  16. #566
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Jeanine - do what you can and don't worry about being "caught up"--- Just enjoy the journey! Have had to set the DJ aside for a bit myself as I am sewing some preemie gowns for a friend who had her baby 3 months early. The little girl is now 1 month old and almost 3 lbs at which point the NICU allows the babies to then wear more than just a diaper. The preemie gowns in the stores are too large for Shelby so I've spent today working up a workable pattern in the style Mama wants. Been awhile since I sewed knits so had to dig through my stuff to find the ball tip needles. Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day in getting the rest of the 8 gowns and hats sewn up. Gotta sew quick or Shelby will be grown out of these gowns!!!
    Linda, I hope you can do those!
    The MOM and the baby will be very happy!
    Have a beautiful day!
    A big hug!

  17. #567
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    I really love all of the blocks that I have seen! Your colors are so beautiful!
    It would be great to be able to make a quilt for each of your designs of color: white-red, blue-white, ect!
    Yesterday was my birthday 47 and my husband gave me the EQ7!
    I bought it in AQS and I can not wait to for it to spend 20 or 30 days so I get home!
    And the best thing that will come to when the works finished... with luck! Hahaha!
    I can play with it to learn how do you each block!
    Many thanks all for teaching us to the junior, like me, all your secret of Patchwork!
    Especially in my case, I only learn from what I find on-line on the Web. Because in my country is hardly known and there are no teachers of quilting in my city!

    I hope that all have a beautiful day and great weekend!
    A big hug!

  18. #568
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,534
    Blog Entries
    45
    Gladys, the EQ7 is fantastic, but the Dear Jane quilt is a separate add-on. However, with all the information on here and on That Quilt website, you could probably draft your own blocks in EQ7 as we go along, or from the book if you already have that. Congrats on the terrific birthday present!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?


  19. #569
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,534
    Blog Entries
    45
    OK, I got this week's Tri's done on time. I admit, I procrastinated because it's just 2 tri's, after all. [LOL] I pieced mine [I've really got to learn pp'ing] and had a few cutting errors with lots of unsewing and resewing I'm not happy with 3 of the 6. On the red/white TR3, one piece in the bottom row is the wrong size... didn't notice until after pressing. I was considering redoing it, but I then read the saying on Brenda's ruler: " Finished is better than perfect". So I left it. Then I tackled the TR1... There's not enough contrast on the orange/gold one. And the background is too busy at the top of the brown/white one. I might redo those. And I just LOVE my correct-sized new tri ruler [see previous post custom ruler ] So here's the pic
    Name:  Week 6 Feb 19  TR1 TR3.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  169.5 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-25-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?


  20. #570
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Gladys, the EQ7 is fantastic, but the Dear Jane quilt is a separate add-on. However, with all the information on here and on That Quilt website, you could probably draft your own blocks in EQ7 as we go along, or from the book if you already have that. Congrats on the terrific birthday present!
    Hi, Nancy!
    Thank you! That silly, Lol! I not had them I also asked on the site of Brenda, CD Dear Jean. I only hope that the request is processed, there was not even a confirmation of the same. Both were my birthday gifts!
    From that I started doing patchwork dreamed of them! But now that I've already been 3 years sewing and feel that my dream of a becomes reality small steps, I dared to ask them as gifts!
    They were a great investment, because in my country purchases in dolars us costs 4 times more (by the exchange rate) more 2 times more for taxes, but I feel that I will really be very useful despite being in English and because of my ignorance of the language!
    A big hug!

  21. #571
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    OK, I got this week's Tri's done on time. I admit, I procrastinated because it's just 2 tri's, after all. [LOL] I pieced mine [I've really got to learn pp'ing] and had a few cutting errors with lots of unsewing and resewing I'm not happy with 3 of the 6. On the red/white TR3, one piece in the bottom row is the wrong size... didn't notice until after pressing. I was considering redoing it, but I then read the saying on Brenda's ruler: " Finished is better than perfect". So I left it. Then I tackled the TR1... There's not enough contrast on the orange/gold one. And the background is too busy at the top of the brown/white one. I might redo those. And I just LOVE my correct-sized new tri ruler [see previous post custom ruler ] So here's the pic
    Name:  Week 6 Feb 19  TR1 TR3.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  169.5 KB

    Those look so great, Nancy!
    I hope that when I make them, they are a little as beautiful as yours!
    A big hug!


  22. #572
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,534
    Blog Entries
    45
    thanks, Gladys
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?


  23. #573
    Super Member CindyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,245
    Name:  BR1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  15.3 KBI think this is BR1 (?). I'll have to refer to pictures here to figure out the TR numbers. (I know it was explained in an earlier post if I can find it.) I paper pieced this but had to reverse sew two separate times because when I tried to trim it up it wasn't quite large enough. On to the next triangle!

  24. #574
    Super Member CindyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,245
    I think they look great QuiltnNan! Did you see the tip a while back on using the Crayola drawing pad paper for paper piecing? I bet you would like that to start paper piecing.

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    OK, I got this week's Tri's done on time. I admit, I procrastinated because it's just 2 tri's, after all. [LOL] I pieced mine [I've really got to learn pp'ing] and had a few cutting errors with lots of unsewing and resewing I'm not happy with 3 of the 6. On the red/white TR3, one piece in the bottom row is the wrong size... didn't notice until after pressing. I was considering redoing it, but I then read the saying on Brenda's ruler: " Finished is better than perfect". So I left it. Then I tackled the TR1... There's not enough contrast on the orange/gold one. And the background is too busy at the top of the brown/white one. I might redo those. And I just LOVE my correct-sized new tri ruler [see previous post custom ruler ] So here's the pic
    Name:  Week 6 Feb 19  TR1 TR3.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  169.5 KB

  25. #575
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I think this is BR1 (?). I'll have to refer to pictures here to figure out the TR numbers. (I know it was explained in an earlier post if I can find it.) I paper pieced this but had to reverse sew two separate times because when I tried to trim it up it wasn't quite large enough. On to the next triangle!
    "Reverse sew"...cracks me up every time! Funny thing is, this block looks like a piece of cake...I too did more reverse stitching on this than the others.
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.