Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Gladys, beautiful blocks and perfect points
    Hey, Anael!
    Thank you very much!
    Have a nice day!
    A big hug!

You're welcome Gladys

Here are my blocks for this week:
    Name:  mya13 (343 x 347).jpg
Views: 354
Size:  45.0 KBName:  myb7 (345 x 342).jpg
Views: 283
Size:  46.2 KBName:  myb8 (349 x 352).jpg
Views: 328
Size:  38.6 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    @Anael: ooh, ooh, Ooooh. Love your blocks!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

You're welcome Gladys

Absolutely gorgeous, Anael!!!! [I'm glad someone posted this weeks!] Gladys - how did you do your design wall?? did you import your blocks into the DJ CD-ROM??

Fraew - I too decided to make my B-11 more like the original.

For those wanting different instructions for B-11:
    I started with a 3/8" finished square for the center and added 3/8" [cut at 1" wide and then cut down] background strips for each side. I cut [2] 2 1/4" squares in half diagonally and sewed them to either side of two other background strips, making sure the narrow strips finished at 3/8". Then I sewed the center square together: triangle-strip-triangle .... strip-square-strip ....triangle-strip-triangle. I trimmed the square down to measure 2 3/4" and then sewed another 1" wide background strip to each side. I cut [2] 3 1/2" background squares once diagonally for the corners. Next - I actually enlarged the picture of the original block in the book 250% to get the right curve for the outer curvy pieces and drew that centered on the long side [hypotenuse] of each of the background triangle corners and then trimmed a generous 1/4" out of the inside for the seam and clipped carefully to the line. I cut [4] 3" x 1 1/2" pieces of focus fabric and basted them centered behind the corners and reverse appliqued them. Last I attached the finished triangles to the outside of the center square.

Here are the last two rows... well, not including this weeks!!! check out Anaels

Name:  DJ wks 9 10.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  1.39 MBI laid out all the blocks I have finished so far and realize I should re-arrange them when I finally put them together to make the colors 'flow' more [they don't do it at all now!!!]Name:  DJpt1.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  1.36 MBName:  DJpt3.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  1.45 MBName:  DJpt2.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  1.51 MBThe following is my second re-do of B-9. I didn't reverse sew or remake the whole thing. It took me three tries to realize the reason my outermost corners were not fitting was because I was sewing them to the wrong part of the square . When I finally got that.... I moved them over to form a square with the lighter background!Name:  DJ B9b.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  1.34 MB

Blog Entries
    @Cre8tvlwyr: nicely done! Thanks for showing your blocks all together. And caught up too! High 5.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh my y'all are producing such beautiful blocks. Me, I'm just getting farther behind. I'm in charge of a study group this week for finals in a class I'm taking...Yes, finals...Me, at age 50... I'll catch up with you ladies, I promise!!! I have a lot of pre-sewing finished, just not much time to SIT...and sew... But I miss all y'all!!

Cre8tvlwyr, I have some of the exact DJ fabric you have, and I love how you're using it. I'm taking notes!!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Got your back Gus
    I'm online only a limited amount of time. I purchased a new house on Friday and am personally remodeling it. I keep saying I'm not doing this again, yet, here I go again The good news is that I'll have a dedicated 200sf quilting studio . It will be some time before I get caught up, but I WILL catch up.
    Everyone is doing terrific on their blocks. I just love seeing all the beautiful looks with the use of different fabrics.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Sheri cheers to you!!!! I entered lawschool at age 48 & passed the California Bar six years later it was and still remains a great feeling of accomplishment. You are never too late and there is always time to catch up! [my 60th is 3wks from Thursday..... OMGMGMGMG!!]
    Gus

Thanks Nancy!! and I'mgreen 200sf???? when you do catch up you will be ahead soon

All of your blocks are looking so good ladies! Brings back lots of memories of when our first group was working on them. Keep up the great work and you will feel so good when you're all finished!!
    'Columbia River Jane' Stickle is the name of my DJ.

WOW Love all the blocks. Posting for last week and this week.Name:  IMG_1687.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  356.6 KB
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Lovely blocks ann clare and beautiful fabrics!

Gus, I love your blocks!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Well, I am finally getting around to posting this week's blocks. Life sort of gets busy, and I forget. lol My points still need work, but I am trying. I have improved on getting the design centered in the block. Not too many wonky blocks in this group, YAH!!!
    This is block B-8 Water Lily
    Name:  2012-March 3-DJ block B8.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  1.16 MB
    Block A 13 Starlight-Starbright
    Name:  2012-March 27-DJ Block A-13 Starlight-Starbright.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  1.26 MB
    Block B 7 World Series
    Name:  2012-March 27-DJ Block B-7-World Series.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  1.14 MB
    Last edited by spartan quilter; 03-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Spartan, Your blocks are beautiful.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Blog Entries
    You're welcome Gladys

Anael, I love your blocks! And those fabric too! Those are perfect!
    Congrats!
    A hug!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous ....
    Gladys - how did you do your design wall?? did you import your blocks into the DJ CD-ROM??
    Guss, your blocks are so great!
    I did my design wall with a program called "Microsoft Visio", which is a program to design offices and industrial plants that I have at home by the work of my husband.
    I tried not to use of the DJ program.
    A big hug!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Got your back Gus
    I'm online only a limited amount of time. I purchased a new house on Friday and am personally remodeling it. I keep saying I'm not doing this again, yet, here I go again The good news is that I'll have a dedicated 200sf quilting studio . It will be some time before I get caught up, but I WILL catch up.
    Everyone is doing terrific on their blocks. I just love seeing all the beautiful looks with the use of different fabrics.
    Congratulation, Nancy!
    Is busy a renovation, but it will transform the House into your new home!
    Enjoy this process, you can return to sewing later!
    A hug!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ann clare View Post
    WOW Love all the blocks. Posting for last week and this week.Name:  IMG_1687.JPG
    Beautiful blocks, Ann Clare! And great hand quilting!
    A hug!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post

Well, I am finally getting around to posting this week's blocks. Life sort of gets busy, and I forget. lol My points still need work, but I am trying. I have improved on getting the design centered in the block. Not too many wonky blocks in this group, YAH!!!
    This is block B-8 Water Lily
    Name:  2012-March 3-DJ block B8.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  1.16 MB
    Block A 13 Starlight-Starbright
    Name:  2012-March 27-DJ Block A-13 Starlight-Starbright.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  1.26 MB
    Block B 7 World Series
    Name:  2012-March 27-DJ Block B-7-World Series.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  1.14 MB
    Those blocks are so prety! And lovely thread you use for quilting. A hug!

Thanks, Gladys & Ann Clare for the comments. I am really loving this project and my daughters still think I am crazy for starting something that will take 2 years to get done. Also, Ann Clare, glad to see how someone else is doing the quilting on the blocks. I have never hand quilted before, so I am really just winging it. Love your quilting.
    and memories are sewn.

Just catching up and seeing all the new blocks that have been posted...
    Fraew....love your colors -as usual --- REALLY love your A-4...that is fantastic!

Katybob - very nice blocks. Thanks for sharing your experience of applique versus following the way That Quilt directed...I was trying to figure which way to attempt it.

Gladys...don't worry about being behind...your blocks look great and you have your house repaired and now you can continue to move forward. Very nice color choice on your blocks too.
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Anael - WOW! very nice...also I see how far behind I am! ;-)

Gus...your B-9 color layout is fascinating. Way to go!

Ann Clair - very pretty and nice job on the quilting.

Quilt'n Nan - Ooooo...a new house and a new sewing room. I can understand your excitement! We moved into a new house last June. Have had a man working on finishing the bonus room upstairs for my very first sewing room ( have been sewing on the kitchen table for 40 years so i am very excited about getting a room just for sewing where I can leave my projects out. The room is ALMOST ready for us to begin building a cutting table and a sewing table...in fact, I got to move some folding tables and my sewing machine up here yesterday and I am now trying to decide on what I need for storage and so on....This will be a great change from digging all kinds of plastic bins out to try to find what I am trying to find. I am also excited to be able to make a design wall to put my DJ pieces on. It will all take time....but I have a start! Let us see pictures of your new sewing studio when you get it set up!

Spartan Quilter. I really like your variation on how you are quilting the blocks differently. Especially like your B-7
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I keep lurking and loving all of the blocks. I got behind the 3rd week, and never got back to sewing. But I really love seeing how the different color schemes look. Thanks all for such a variety of ideas.

Jeanine in Washington State

TymeToShine--Yes, no one told me that there are rules about quilting, so I am just doing what I want. I decided that if it is machine sewn, then I do the shadow stitching, as I call it, and if it is an applique piece, then I do the stitching like I did on B7. So, I am getting all sorts of different things on this quilt, but it is a definite learning experience.
    and memories are sewn.

A learning experience it is!!! and whoever said I was caught up [he he.... fooled everyone by posting all those blocks I guess cuz I'm a week behind!] That B-9 fabric is just two fabrics - the lighter one and a 'Dear Jane' fabric I bought from Brenda's site that has a stripe pattern in it. She designed several reproduction fabrics like the original Jane. I used part for the 4 inside stripe pieces and another part of the same fabric for the corners! When pieces are this small, you get to use the same fabric in different ways - love doing it!!
    Gus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ann clare View Post
    ann clare, Your blocks are beautiful as usual. Are you quilting just the top and the batting or do you have the backing on your squares? I haven't decided how I want to do the quilting on my squares. I'm looking for ideas from others.

Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast