Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 278 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

They are gorgeous!!! Got on a roll, huh?!!!
    Where will I find the list??? Have lotssss of scraps!
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~
    ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Blog Entries
    Wow, what an amazing bunch of stars. Nicky, I love your rose/gray color combo.

Meanmom, My calculation for background came up with 6 yards. I too thought that was a lot but if Carol Doak says 7 yards then it's definitely in the ballpark. I hate buying that much at once. (sticker shock) I usually buy as I go but am afraid it will get sold out.

Blog Entries
    Is it to late to join. I just found this thread today..I have had this book forever and have a few blocks done..This may be what I need to finish this
    Patrice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    They are gorgeous!!! Got on a roll, huh?!!!
    Where will I find the list??? Have lotssss of scraps!
    LJP, If I'm understanding your question right we're working our way through a book called "50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars" by Carol Doak. We're doing one a week and we've just started. Week one, Alabama. wvhillww, plenty of time as we've only just begun.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Wow, what an amazing bunch of stars. Nicky, I love your rose/gray color combo.

Meanmom, My calculation for background came up with 6 yards. I too thought that was a lot but if Carol Doak says 7 yards then it's definitely in the ballpark. I hate buying that much at once. (sticker shock) I usually buy as I go but am afraid it will get sold out.
    Hi WhitePine, I saw that calculation as well and thought it was alot. I made my first background with a scrap of black tonal blender I had (black with faint dark grey design), knowing I would run out. Yesterday I bought 3 half yard pieces of 3 other black tonal blenders. So I will go along like that; theses will not clash with each other and I won't have to worry about either buying too much or not being able to find more of the exact fabric.

Never too late. There is not sign up and you can make as many or as few blocks as you would like. We just started this week so please join us.

Quote Originally Posted by wvhill22 View Post
    Is it to late to join. I just found this thread today..I have had this book forever and have a few blocks done..This may be what I need to finish this

I am going to use Kona cotton for these blocks. The backgrounds will be alternating black or snow. I chose Konas because I can always add different colors, when I need more of one color, I can always purchase more of the same. I will also be paying for the quilt as I go, and not ever have to worry about running out.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I thought I would share. I find that using phonebook pages make a great foundation backing, its incredibly cheap since you can get them for free and easy to piece on and tear off
    Nadia Allen Taylor
    Catch me on Facebook !

Are the templates in the book true to size? Can I just make a copy?
    Nadia Allen Taylor
    Catch me on Facebook !

Blog Entries
    Yes the templates in the book are the right size. I only bought 5 yards of background fabric but I guess I will have to get 2 more. It is a batik and will be really hard to buy elsewhere. I looked thru the book and at least half of the blocks take just 4 3/4 X 4 3/4 squares and 3 3/4 X 3 3/4 squares. It doesn't seem to add up to that much. I love my background fabric so I guess I will have to buy more. Carol Doak said it adds up to about 5 yards but buy 7 to be safe.

Page 30 of 278 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast