Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 194 of 425 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 193 194 195 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

GOODNESS...HOW HAVE I BEEN MISSING THIS ONE!!! I just purchased this book on Amazon and can hardly wait to get it. It will help me downsize my stash!!! Thanks for the wonderful pics and the other aids that have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by applegramma
    GOODNESS...HOW HAVE I BEEN MISSING THIS ONE!!! I just purchased this book on Amazon and can hardly wait to get it. It will help me downsize my stash!!! Thanks for the wonderful pics and the other aids that have been given.
    Oh welcome Applegrandma, another wonderful lady to join this group. We will look forward to you posting your blocks. If you go to the bottom of the page you will see !Topic List" click on that and the "Affairs of the Heart Cyber Sew". that way you can click on all the various blocks that have been posted already, I have to add that some of us couldn´t wait till June to start so we Jumped the Gun (JTG Club)
    On page 1 of this topic you can see and download the Schedule that we are all working to. Hope that helps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    whew! I finally have all of my book pages scanned in to the computer.
    I cant remember the enlargment size for 10 inch squares :roll: If any of yall can help me out here I would apprechiate it.

question: is it just me or in the original do the blocks seem crowded????
    it is probably just my strange brain, but I was thinking of copying the pattern a little smaller than exact scale, so... my blocks can BREATH better.
    What you are looking at in the book is 7in blocks, so the gap between the motifs is smaller than when everything is sized up. In fact, when I added the outer row of blocks, the gaps between blocks 1 & 2, and 1 & 7 (and the other corners) was so large I added in some extra embroidery, because it was just over three inches between the motifs (at the narrowest part) and looked decidedly bare.

You would also have to consider what you intended to do with the outermost (largest) border if you go down the route of putting in extra sashing. It wouldn't be a problem if you do your own thing with that border, but if you want to use the one Aie designed, adding in sashing will throw it out completely and it isn't going to fit.

Blog Entries
    Oh goodie!! Another one going to play with us! Yippee and welcome Applegrandma!

I hadn't given sashing or not a whole lot of thought yet, but see that I need to! I will have the solid/trapunto blocks mixed in with mine so maybe its not an issue. I need to get back to EQ on it. I did work on some "extra" designs today..not finished nor ready to share quite yet though.

Elle, I didn't like #13 when I look at the block by itself, but flip over and look at it in the quilt...it looks pretty there. Maybe add some more embroidery to it??

Blog Entries
    Well, I have a good start on my fabrics so far. Looks like I might need some more lighter colors. What you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    They're gorgeous. What color background are you planning on using?

Quilter 7X...I guess these will do for a start!!! giggle!

Love all the colours and I for one haven´t got light colours, but it might depend on your background colour

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh goodie!! Another one going to play with us! Yippee and welcome Applegrandma!

I hadn't given sashing or not a whole lot of thought yet, but see that I need to! I will have the solid/trapunto blocks mixed in with mine so maybe its not an issue. I need to get back to EQ on it. I did work on some "extra" designs today..not finished nor ready to share quite yet though.

Elle, I didn't like #13 when I look at the block by itself, but flip over and look at it in the quilt...it looks pretty there. Maybe add some more embroidery to it??
    I didn't like 13 all that much either, it looked to skimpy to me compared to most of the others, so I just made the middle section a bit fatter and I like that better.

Kathy, is there any chance we could have more threads now for the individual blocks please? The JTG club seem busy doing blocks now that we don't have threads for so nowhere to put them.

Block 13
    Name:  Attachment-192276.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  87.3 KB

Block 13 finished
    Name:  Attachment-192277.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  74.2 KB

Blog Entries
    OOohhhh Diane...pretty, pretty..of course, just for a "start"! I see a run that would look great on my quilt! :wink:

Lesley..I like your 13 much better with the fatter middle too. Another great Lesley idea!

If Kathy doesn't start the new threads today...I'll be happy to do it for her, but it will be late this afternoon..we'll be out all day today.

Page 194 of 425 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 193 194 195 204 244 294 ... LastLast