Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Yup...Candi, keep thinking. I need to go to the store!! For the background I don't think that I'll be able to just order it on line (at least without seeing it in person first).
Old 02-05-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yup...Candi, keep thinking. I need to go to the store!! For the background I don't think that I'll be able to just order it on line (at least without seeing it in person first).
I agree. I am heading to two LQSs tomorrow for their Super Bolt sales, and will be browsing with my ATOH thinking hat on...I will NOT buy anything for this project yet, because I am waiting for the book first. Yes, will NOT, there will be another sale before May. :lol:
Old 02-05-2011, 09:07 AM

I am so looking forward to seeing your green choice Patti, these are all going to be so different but the same if you get my drift.

Candi, your Avatar is beautiful and I can see the resemblance to some of the Spanish places here. Spain is beautiful to, I am off to Barcelona in March with my quilting buddies here so will let you all see pics of the Sitges Quilt Show, its supposed to be really special.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by sandpat
I agree. I am heading to two LQSs tomorrow for their Super Bolt sales, and will be browsing with my ATOH thinking hat on...I will NOT buy anything for this project yet, because I am waiting for the book first. Yes, will NOT, there will be another sale before May. :lol:
Candi~~ you are NOT going to buy your ATOH fabrics at tomorrow's Super Bolt sales... are you sure? I wish my book was arriving today, don't you?

Does anyone know how many different colors I would need for the block with the most color changes? I may not be asking this question correctly. Probably I just need to wait until my book gets here and study it carefully with all of the ideas floating around in my head!

Patience, patience, patience... hard to do

LindaAnn
Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Welcome, Fab!

I used to do all my applique by hand (everything was hand done waaaay back then!) using the freezer paper method. I have since learned several different ways to machine applique. It's fun to try all the ways & find your own personal niche.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM

OK, I am asking this question because I started thinking. I know, I know - very dangerous waters here! Anyway, are there some out there who would rather do AOTH by making the easiest bocks first and working your way up to the most difficult?

For now, I have attached a chart of the blocks in numerical order with a difficulty rating I made up (all by myself :) ). If you are interested in an alternative piecing schedule, let me know & I'll work one up.

Block Chart with Pieces per Block and Difficulty Rating
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155409[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-155404.pdf (85.9 KB, 174 views)
Old 02-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, I am asking this question because I started thinking. I know, I know - very dangerous waters here! Anyway, are there some out there who would rather do AOTH by making the easiest bocks first and working your way up to the most difficult?

For now, I have attached a chart of the blocks in numerical order with a difficulty rating I made up (all by myself :) ). If you are interested in an alternative piecing schedule, let me know & I'll work one up.
Ok Kathy, honest, I am not trying to be difficult but does the l stand for impossible? And, are there really blocks that have 39 and 44 pieces... ? Scary, I think. :shock: :cry: :shock:
Old 02-05-2011, 04:12 PM

I forgot the legend! :oops: B = Beginner, I = Intermediate, & A = Advanced.

I came up with this rating by looking not only at the number of piece, but the size of those pieces.

Don't let this rating scare you off. Keep remembering that Lesley will be here with us, giving us all sorts of helpful hints and tutes! We will all be learning and growing with each other. That's what makes this so much fun!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Kathy, thanks for taking the time to rate the blocks difficulty, and I am also scared with you LindaAnn about the 30 some pieces blocks :shock:
While it makes some logical sense to start with the easiest and work our way out to the most difficult, I think personally I'd rather mix it up to not get discouraged, because on a hard block week, I'll have the easier block week to look forward to, lol. Just my opinion here. But maybe have the first couple of weeks be beginner blocks, but mix it up after that. JMHO.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Thank you so much Kathy... you shouldn't be embarrassed, I should. My brain just doesn't work too quickly.

For instance, I have no idea what the acronym that Candi ended her last post with means~~~JMHO, what is that?. A dah moment for sure. :P