Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 234 of 425 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 233 234 235 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

I'm going to the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a quilt retreat with a group from this board. I will be working on my Affairs of the Heart blocks. Wow three days just to get a good start. Last night I had a lesson in embroidery, it was great. I am loving these blocks in 10" size.

Quote Originally Posted by trish b
    I'm going to the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a quilt retreat with a group from this board. I will be working on my Affairs of the Heart blocks. Wow three days just to get a good start. Last night I had a lesson in embroidery, it was great. I am loving these blocks in 10" size.
    Ohhh, have a wonderful time at the retreat, Trish! I wish I would have taken my AOTH with me when I went to the Texas retreat. Who all is going to yours?

Blog Entries
    Perfect timing :wink: :wink: I wanted to trace the patterns for block 11 today. I had already appliqued the background into place. I broke off part of a tooth and spent a frustrated afternoon in my dentist's chair. It was meant to be. I went through today's mail when I got home and there was my order from Purple Daisies with the light weight foundation and the glue tips for my Elmer's washable glue. I am going to use the foundation like Sharon Schamber showed on You Tube and I will see how it compares to freezer paper. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Just out of curiosity - how many started Jane and stuck with it to the end?
    HEHE!! :oops: :hunf:
    have all stuff for DJ - got cd-roms from Brenda Papadakis today... gonna do AOTH first - determined ....

and think I FINALLY have the background figured out :shock:

got the Jinny Beyer red lily swirl and LOVE it.... but.....
    very little goes with it :cry:
    luckily I had ordered the CT Mirage in Iris.....WOW and thanks to some very experienced Baltimore app ladies I know who were comparing the weight of the fabric to their LQS and special order stash, I am [almost] convinced it is not as poor quality as I originally thought [I hope anyway - cuz it looks luscious with all batiks, baltimore fabs, and kaffe fasset possible applique options]

My computer works after a near-week long virus [like our family- intestinal blah...] my computer caught it - not me or DH... and Son informs me he has the adapter for the computer so photos coming with a few days - when do we 88 [WOW] officially start?? Sunday??

I'm sure the red lily swirl will find a loving home in your stash anyway. If not....an international holiday may be in order for it - I do have some of its cousins here to play with.

Blog Entries
    [quote=Lacelady]I tried again, and I didn't type the addy properly, try:
    http://www.FingerGloves.com/
    [quote]

Thanks Lesley for posting this address. I just ordered 3 packs. I also do a lot of gardening and the sand gets inside my gardening gloves. These should be perfect.

Blog Entries
    Losie, so sorry you had problems with a tooth - I empathise with you after a dreadful one I had earlier this year.

I hope the finger cots work for you, I haven't tried them for gardening, just for quilting and for extra grip when holding a sewing needle. They come with a ridge at the base which I find a little tight for me, so I just cut that part off.

Blog Entries
    I am using the mirage and it is fine. It is a little thinner than some LQS fabrics, and I would suggest some starch or sizing on it to keep it from fraying so much. Fraying is the only problem I've had with it and once I started starching the blocks I don't have that problem any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I am using the mirage and it is fine. It is a little thinner than some LQS fabrics, and I would suggest some starch or sizing on it to keep it from fraying so much. Fraying is the only problem I've had with it and once I started starching the blocks I don't have that problem any more.
    Thanks for the advice - everything gets "Best Press" at my house - we'll see...

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm the last 1 on the board to know about http://www.hancocks-paducah.com They have gorgeous fabric on sale for $2.99 per yard. I don't need any fabric but if I did I could go crazy.

Page 234 of 425 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 233 234 235 244 284 334 ... LastLast