Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmer's Wife Sampler ending?

Hi! I'm new around here, and was looking forward to getting in on the FWS group. Boo-hoo, it is 'locked' and wrapping up!

Am I too late? Will it go thru again? Will I have access to the files and tips, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Blog Entries
    Hello from Indiana! I have no answers for you in re: FWS, sorry!

Pat keep watching; I believe there is another group starting up when we finish ours. This has been an incredible journey-I've never done a group quilt-along before. If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders. Hope you join the next group that's forming--you'll really love it and it makes a beautiful quilt.

Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)
    My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.[/quote]

But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.
    Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:
    you can still read locked topics and make use of the information in them. :-)

Well, does that mean if the Farmer's Wife Sampler is still able to be viewed and contributed to, is the Dear Jane project available too? I've been wanting to make a Dear Jane quilt but haven't been motivated enough.

Blog Entries
    some of the topics are locked because they were posted strictly to provide information. had members been able to add comments, that information would have gotten lost and forgotten because so many people don't take the time to read through a topic before they add their two cents. those topics are locked to prevent them being taken off-track.

the topics that are not locked are there so members can posts comments, questions, pictures, as appropriate to each of those particular topics.

there is no need for confusion or controversy.

a bit of patience would be very helpful, though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast