The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36  Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith >

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36 Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36 Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith

Old 06-03-2016, 02:22 PM

I'm so happy to get more of the blocks done! Here are #71 & 72:
Attached Thumbnails img_0453.jpg  
Old 06-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

You've been busy, JeanieG.... both blocks look great. Love that Mrs. Smith pattern.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:36 AM

Well done, JeanieG! Love the red and green...springy and bright!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:50 PM

It's funny because I'm Mrs. Morgan and my dil's mother is Mrs. Smith I haven't done Mrs. Smith yet, but here's Mrs. Morgan:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563885[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mrs-morgan-71-scan001.jpg  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Great fussy cutting on this one!
Old 12-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

You did such pretty work on this.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 AM

Thank you both I'm about 1/3 finished!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Mrs. Morgan, I thought it was funny when I got to 'Patricia.' :-) You think about the block differently when it's your own name...
I remember thinking about being 1/3 done! Then 1/2 done, then 3/4ths done. I got stuck at about 85. But! I'll get back to it one of these days.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:46 AM

I know what you mean. I have a lot of projects that just need to sit for awhile. That's what I tell myself, anyways When I need to get something finished or the projects are bothering me, and this is usually with crocheting or knitting, I'll make a list of the projects that have been bothering me the most. I put a number by each one. 1 Swoon, 2 Farmer's Wife 3 backpack etc. Then I'll go to random.org and get a random string of numbers through their sequence thingy. Then I make myself work on whatever project is up first, according to the random numbers, for just 15 min, or maybe an hour, whatever time I've got to give. Then the next day, I go to the next number and spend that amount of time with the next project. A lot of times at the beginning of this, I'm mainly just looking and getting familiar with where I left things, or making a list of things I need. Alot of times whatever problem stopped me, I get the answer since I'm looking at it with fresh eyes. Sometimes it's pretty evident I absolutely don't like the project anymore, so I'll frog it or repurpose it. Anyways, this method has never failed to bring back my mojo no matter how stalled I have been. After working the numbers awhile, I get the urge to stay on one project. I resist it for awhile until I can't resist any more. lol And then off I go. I stall out when there's any kind of uncertainty, if I don't like something for too long, etc, sometimes it's the faintest thing for me, too. This random number thing really helps keep me going, but I haven't found anything to cure my over startyness on too many projects

Wow! 85 blocks! You don't have too many more left! You'll get to it when the time's right Your avatar block is beautiful, by the way!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:19 AM

What an interesting idea you've supplied with the random number thing! I do the list thing, but without numbers, and when I'm tired of one thing, then I go back to my list, and choose something to pick up again.

I find it so much fun to get ideas from what I see other people have done! I have a huge file of just ideas. I'm often saving just a picture, and re-naming it something like 'applique idea (1, 2, etc)' or 'border idea.' I have another folder with tons of pdf files, which isn't so handy, because with the jpgs you see the little preview icons, whereas with the pdfs you have to remember the name of what you are looking for.

But my bane is surely the love-of-starting... I recently finished a border on a quilt top, and made it using 'units.' Not being keen on math, figuring what I need exactly, I usually just 'ball park' it. So, of course, I had leftover units, and they lay there begging to be made into something... So I sewed them together to create a 15" square, or so, it wasn't exact. Then it needed some strips added to make it 18", which is more easily divisible by 3 for adding another row around it... And then, it was interesting to see what 6" blocks would look nice next... I had enough extra pieces of the 2 1/2" strips I'd been using for the original units to make eight 6" blocks -- not enough, but they would be enough to go around if I put them on point and every-other-one with another type of 6" block... So, I made the eight 6" blocks... Then it was a new project...

So! Add it to the end of the list... And that's how it often goes for me. lol