Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Photo Page

Time for all the sweet stuff ladies !!! I found some Chicken fabric that has little chicks and the Mama too! All cut out ready to go. Fussy cutting is a pain but I think they are too cute not to do it any other way. H

My Handy Andy changed a bit; it started with a center that had me remembering the old song, "Pistol packing Mama, lay your pistol down", then went to the dogs...man's best friend: Name:  HandyAndy.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  115.1 KBThe Duke is at the head of the table, Deputy Dawg against the wall where he can see who enters the 'Spur Bar', Smiley is the one looking in the mirror, so he can see an image of himself, making others think there are two of them...twins. You can name the other characters as you wish.

Now Hen and chicks were a bit easier to do; had fun with this one:Name:  OldHen&Chickens.JPG
Views: 606
Size:  103.3 KBOf course its hard to keep a chicken in its pen...and they need the chicken wire around them, so I added the solid border around to keep the chickens safe. Our 'chicks' are growing so fast...the dark cornish chicks have a 'hawk' beak and feet like a sparrow that grasps the wire outside and hangs on to it much like a bird would...two escaped the pen and did a demo...showing me what they could do. I did get them back in with the others.

Camera angled the picture, the blocks are square. Need to work on that camera angle and holding it steady...hard for me to line up the picture square with one eye...

Oh QNS those are just darling. Love the cow-dogs! The hen and her chicks is great too!

I've got Hen and her Chicks done, will finish up Handy Andy tonight!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh, I love those deputy dogs QuiltingNinaSue! Beautiful block! Yes, those chickies will escape without chicken wire.
    Very cute fabric and nice job on both!

I actually have mine done on time this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    QNS, love your clever renditions!
    And Termi yours are just as cute as bugs in a rug!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

QNS, I can't believe how perfectly you fussy cut those cute dogs! I love the chicken coop-great blocks.
    Termi, your blocks are too too cute-great job on all those points, too.

Here are my FOWL blocks (get it LOL??)Name:  Handy Andy & Hen & Her Chicks.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  659.6 KB
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Oh JanRN, great looking blocks, I love your 'fowl'!!

Blog Entries
    Great blocks today, QNS, love the dogs and the chickens; Termi, love the cows and horses, these would make a cute quilt for a little boy, Jan, love the colors on your chicken material.

Here are mine for this week.
    GrannyQ

Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem to want to work now, will try again.
    GrannyQ

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast