Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-11-2015, 06:23 AM

Gee, I thought I posted a note before. I guess I forgot to send it
Bev, how do you cut the jeans up and what are you making with them??
Old 02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Better day today...but why is it when "mom" is sick no one fixes special foods for her...had to fix my own beef broth and orzo soup last night...cold here today and potato/corn/ham chowder is simmering.
Working on some projects for the LQS--2 down 3 to go...
Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 AM

Help, the right or left as you look at it, for a color choice??????[ATTACH=CONFIG]509727[/ATTACH] I went to free quilt patterns to download the free ones, and it did not work. Guess I did something wrong.

Good to hear you are doing better, OK.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0050.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 04:50 PM

I'm not sure about either of them.. the left seems to go together but it's very dark . the coral fabric on the right doesn't seem to fit in with the rest... I would stick with the left..
Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 PM

QNS, I agree with Anne; I don't think the light coral fabric fits in. Are the strips already sewn together? If not, I'd put the lighter fabric between the 2 darker ones. The fabrics are so pretty but with the two darks together they get blended. Glad you're sewing up a storm again.

OK, good to hear that you're feeling better. I think they should start a "rent a mom" service that moms could call when they get sick, someone to come over and make soup and pat our heads until we recover.

I've been doing a lot of paper piecing lately so today did a table runner with regular piecing. I had to remind myself to cut accurately rather than "hack & wack" and to watch my 1/4" seam instead of sewing on a line. I like how it turned out but hated the directions for construction. You were instructed to make things a certain size then cut down to another size. Seemed like a waste of time and fabric.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM

Sue, I like the colors on the left but like the way ya put the right one tagether. I love it that ya are sewin' again.
Jan I like it when directions let me cut down for accuracy. I guess is shows that I am still nervous about my 1/4" seams. LOL
Anne, I have made several things w/my denim but have a ton o' other ideas. I have made the faux cathedral window circle quilt & have made rag quilts. I'd like ta make some gro bags outta the top o' the jeans, weave the seams inta trivets or welcome mats. I want ta do somethin' w/the pockets. I have a vision o' a crazy quilt o' all denim. I'd like ta make a rag rug outta the scraps.
First I have been cuttin up jeans that I made a circle quilt out of a few years ago. I had ta cut the pockets off then cut the seams off. Then decide which little bin the scraps went inta. They are separated by size.
The actual jeans that I have now I cut the legs off then I cut the hem off. The tops go inta one bin & the hems go inta one little bin. Next I cut the seams off & they go in ta 2 bins one for the french seam & one for the surged seams. I have just realized that I have about 6 bins that are 3'X2'X2' full o' jeans. I have been savin' 'em for years & years.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions on the blocks. Midnight Garden pattern actually uses the colors I used in the trio of strips....yellow, green and blue. It also uses the red on one end and pink on the other end on the 'T' The left one has a blue T that messes up the pattern. Slashing with corner stones go around each block. Camera photo does not do the colors justice in the picture. I will see what I can do tomorrow on a different colored block and submit it for your review. The block is so easy to put together, it flows well with the quick construction. It is the same pattern I sent to you, Honchey.

Everyone have a good day tomorrow. It has turned colder here, but it is still winter after all.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 PM

Sue how is your Midnight garden goin' taday?
How are all o' ya'll doin'?
I actually got out taday. I am still a bit on the dizzy side so DH did the drivin'. We went ta an estate sale & then ta breakfast. After breakfast we visited a couple o' my favorite thrift stores. Then I came home & took a nap.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:31 PM

Glad you are feeling better dublb! No fun at all not being up to par. I think it took about 3 to 4 weeks to finally get over my sinus infection.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 PM

Storm moving in tonight and tomorrow, or so they say. We went to town today, found chickens on sale at .98 a pound, so I put five over five pounds in my basket. Came home and cut them up and put them on to boil, and will can tomorrow after I de-bone the chicken. Next week, we will finally butcher our own chickens and process them through the process, too.

Enjoyed turning the Midnight garden into High Noon Garden and having fun with it. Have a great day tomorrow..