Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-26-2015, 11:56 AM

QNS - It is so wonderful that your eyesight was helped so much by your surgery. It is amazing what they can do these days. Do you have to wear glasses, or can you see with the new lenses they put in your eyes? I have new glasses on order as we speak. I have always been near sighted, but wore one contact lens for distance for years. Now I am back to glasses, which I hate, and don't wear around the house except for TV watching. It is a pain sometimes that my near vision is not as good as it use to be! LOL
Old 02-26-2015, 01:35 PM

Old 02-26-2015, 01:44 PM

JeanieG, after cataract surgery its necessary to wear dark glasses out in the sunlight to protect the eyes. And distances are fine, but close up requires glasses. Computer needs 1.5 lenses and reading requires 2.5 lenses. I have a plastic pair of each at the computer and night stand. I wear a pair with reading lenses in lower half that sits on the lower part of my nose...handy for my 'granny' advice for the 'younger' generation! And it took a while for the skin cancer surgery to heal up the blood vessels and nerves back to the eyes. If anyone needs cataract surgery, go for it, 'cause it really helps to see better immediately. Although I am not driving, I find having dh drive is not so bad after all. LOL!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:50 PM

OH Sue I am so happy that ya can see ta quilt! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't quilt! I'll have a party for ya!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:59 AM

Eight below and sun is shinning. Perfect quilting weather. Keep smiling and laughing, 'cause spring is around the corner. Just have to turn the right corner!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 AM

Isn't it amazing that when the sun shines brightly after it being hidden for a couple of days we're all so happy & cheerful...(mostly anyway)

NIna, you're like the first bluebird of the season chirping away so happily...Good to know you're doing so well with your sewing and letting the DH do the chauffeuring is a plus. Love your skeleton photo!

Jeanie, I'm doing the 9th mystery train ride.. I used the "Go" to do all the cutting and I'm so happy with the accuracy of the finished 4 patch... I put #8 aside as I haven't decided what color to use for the sashing..I want the sashing cause as it is it's not wide enough for a chubby person

Jan, how are you doing with your commissioned work for your friend??

Bev, You should have been a teacher you have so much patience with young ones..

OK, Do the cows stay out in the "weather" all day? Do they have shelters where they graze? just curious..

Where oh where is Carrie ?.. I know...She's in her new sewing room!!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn2430.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 AM

Beautiful reds in those four pieces, Honchey!

Yes, I agree, on the large economy sizes, the quilts need to fit and not let in cold air as we turn over!

I am so happy to be a sew and sew these days. Stars crossed pattern with KT fabric:[ATTACH=CONFIG]511818[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0059.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 10:33 AM

Oh Anne! I just loooove the red & white 4-patches & Sue your Star Crosses are lovely!
Sue I don't know how patient I am. Yesterday I really did git mad at my DNiece. She is 18 & is supposed ta be comin' over every Thursday. I was a bit on the sick side for a bit & she has gotten used ta not comin' over. She has stood me up the last 2 weeks. I told her that she was usin' me. At first she was in denial but she got it by the time I got off o' the phone w/her.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:52 AM

Anne - love those 4 patches, the red is gorgeous!

QNS - those blocks are wonderful, I see some great quilting designs coming in those white squares!!!

Here are my 4 patches - so boring after seeing Anne's .
Attached Thumbnails img_0255.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 PM

I wanted to use a purple & red block batik but didn't feel like washing it so I picked the red that caught my eye.. Maybe I'll still do the batik..hmmmm...I don't know where this is going next..I'll be finding out tomorrow. I wish I could be less controlled with colors...
Jeanie, I almost used a green & cream!!!

Nina, Your stars are spot on..they look sooo good..

Grrrr...I'm on my way to the pile to dig out the batik & wash it...I'll show a pic of it before I get to the sink...

Last edited by Honchey; 02-27-2015 at 01:44 PM.