Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-23-2015, 01:54 PM

Texas has 3 seasons. Hot, really hot, & really cold! Sometimes in the same week!
Last Fri it was 80* taday the temps won't git above 26*. LOL

Last edited by dublb; 02-23-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Want ta change it ta blue. :D
Old 02-23-2015, 03:58 PM

Finished Midnight Garden, aka, California Gold Poppies except for top and bottom borders and that may not happen. Thinking I will just bind those with no border. Started Stars Crossed and loving it. Its another McCall pattern quick and easy.

Warming up tomorrow, so will go to town for a few things. Take care.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:48 PM

The weather is like a seesaw.. up & down, up & down.. I can't believe it's going to be minus zero in the morning..

Dh & I will be going out for dinner tomorrow evening..Haven't decided where yet..I would like to go to a place we haven't been before...We'll be celebrating our 47th Wedding Anniversary...

I've been working on step 3 of the mystery train blocks and I'm beginning to like them.. will show a pic later.. going to take it now...
Old 02-23-2015, 06:59 PM

they aren't staying in the order shown..I have 5 more to do and I think I'm going to take the red off..
Attached Thumbnails dscn2428.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 07:10 PM

I like it, Honchey, Just the way it is.

Dublb, Its hard when the temperatures go and down. Spring is just around the corner.

JanRN, hope the sinus problem is gone and you are feeling better.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:09 PM

They look great Anne! I love how this Mystery Train Ride turned out. I am sorry I was not home at the time to make this quilt. I printed out the clues so I can make one at another time.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

Nice train ride Honchey....I'm at the same point....trying to decide if I want to do the sashings or try another layout. I used just 2 fabrics in the outer triangles drawing from the stash for them.
Just finished the chevron upcycled baby quilt to get it in the mail tomorrow...will take a pic before I pack it up.
Mudroom rugs---think of the rag denim quilts, but denim on both sides instead of flannel or some other fabric. They work great in the mud room as they soak up all sorts of wet snow melt off the boots...When dirty they go into the wash with DH's jeans...have a batch in the washer right now. This is what a dirty one looks like..... I make them all sizes depending on size of denim cuts. I really like the ones about 36 x 48 -54 inches long. The last one I made I used 1" seams instead of 1/2" seams and really like the longer fringes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]511384[/ATTACH] I have to watch these like a hawk as they go outside to be used as a wet tractor seat cover or used for a quick rub down of a baby calf or an improvised calf coat. They would work great in garages, too.
Really tired and need to be on the road tomorrow early....must get this blanket ready to mail too. Night all.
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 09:52 PM

Those are great mud rugs OK. You are another of the really creative people we have here! Do you have all your family giving you worn out jeans for these rugs???
Old 02-24-2015, 05:38 AM

Thanks, QNS, I'm finally feeling better. Not dizzy, sinuses are clearing so I can breathe normally. Spent 2 days on the couch whining, I feel like I wasted 2 days. Nurses are not good patients.

Anne, I like the red in there. It's not an overpowering red and used sparingly I think it adds a nice touch.

OK, love those rag rugs and can imagine them disappearing for other uses. Great way to recycle.

Jeanie, hope you got your rain that is so badly needed. Do you have another rv trip coming up? My quilty friend & her DH bought a trike and they're already planning spring trips (the only thing they can do right now is plan & dream of spring). They rode it from PA to Iowa last summer.

Bev, hope all is well with you--I've seen pics from Texas and that ice storm has really wreaked havoc. We're starting out the morning at -15*, a new record here but at least it's sunny. High today may reach 1*.

I imagine Carrie is sewing away in her new happy place. Have a good one, ladies!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:42 AM

Hope you're getting better Jan.. it's no fun having Sinusitis infections.

OK, I like the idea of the fluffy ridged seams..it's a good way of getting all the dirt/mud off the shoes/boots.

I made chicken soup yesterday and added some chopped fresh tomatoes and when ready to serve added fresh spinach..turned out pretty good...I've done the same with beef broth but this was a first for the chicken soup...

Jeanie, I remember that California greens up after just one day of rain...Dsis lived there for about 20 yrs before moving to the east coast..I miss the visiting her there...totally different way of life.. misty fog in the early morning from the pacific ocean then clearing up in the afternoon to a brilliant sunshining day... warm sun..we could all use more of it right about now...

OK, I kind of like the blocks without any sashing..maybe just an inner border with some stamps for a middle border with a wide outer border...I'll play with it before I decide...
Take care all and stay warm..Have a good day!