Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-21-2015, 02:48 PM

I've spent all day trying to make a P---the letter "P" LOL. I have an ugly front door so I have seasonal/monthly hangings that I put on it. I'm trying to make one for baseball season (just around the corner yay!!) and need a "P" for Pirates. I tried 3 different ones from EQ7, paperpieced, and they all came out with pieces reversed or forgotten--did not look like a "P". Scrapped that idea and decided to do kites for April instead. Much easier and turning out cute.

We're up to about 7" of snow and it's still coming down hard; not supposed to get rain this far north so expect a few more inches of that crap, I mean snow. At least today it got above freezing--only the second time in the last 30 days. Spring is 27 days away.

Jeanie I'm glad you're getting the rain you need. They showed pics of some of the California riverbeds and reservoirs on the news not too long ago--just dirt, no water in them. If I could just send you some of our snow.....
Old 02-21-2015, 06:34 PM

Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 AM

What to do on a cold day.....look for free quilt patterns....FabHopShop had several I liked. Tried Free Quilt Patterns and no luck there...advertised ones as the top five never show to download...finish border on California Gold. Bf says she likes pink and I do not work with *pink*! On rare occasions only. Prefer bright colors, so why did I download a pattern from www.FabHopShop.com called Naturally Naturals II? Because I have three totes of light, medium and dark beige and browns. Take a nap. Stay warm. Eat too well....no sugar sweets or calories...right!

Post a new note on PC and hope that some one will read it and post a note about something....anything.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:37 AM

I've been sewing onesies into twosies into foursies. these are all 1.5" squares...

It feels like a heatwave right now with the temp of 40*

Jan, How about creating striped fabric using strips of the "Pirate's" colors then fusing it, then draw letter "P" ,cut it out & fuse to a green baseball diamond with squares for the bases?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:10 PM

Honchey - you are soooo creative!!!

I am watching women's basketball on TV right now. One of our girls from our hometown team got a scholarship to Rutgars so hoping to see her play. She is not getting a lot of playing time.

Cooking a bean soup (ham and 16 bean soup mix) for dinner. Smelling wonderful in here! Going to make corn bread muffins to go along with it.

Suppose to get 1/4 to 1/2" of rain.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:16 PM

Why thank you Jeanie!!! I try to do my best to help wherever I can...
Old 02-22-2015, 02:09 PM

It's cold & rainy! I like that it is rainin', but it is gonna freeze tamarrow so we will have ice again. This is after it bein' so nice & warm this week. LOL I was actually hot on Fri at 80*F.
Yesterday my dish washer went out for the 4th time in the year & a half we have had it. Bought it new & bought top o' the line. This mornin' we woke ta the deep freeze thawin' out! We went & bought a new freezer. I guess I will be handwashin' my dishes from now on.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:19 PM

dublb - talk about "when it rains, it pours"! Things seem to go like that!

The morning we were leaving on our RV Group campout last month, there was no hot water. Joe told our friends that we travel with to go on ahead of us and we would get there when we could. Joe took the old water heater out (it was still on warrenty from Home Depot) and went to pick up a new one. The doorbell rang, and there stood Gil, our friend who Joe had called to go ahead, waiting for Joe to get back so he could help him get the water heater installed. It did not take long for the two of them to get it installed and we met our friends in another half hour to head out to San Diego.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Oh we are so tied to modern conveniences..where would we find time to quilt without them. What a great friend. Jeanie. Have a good trip.

Deep. Freeze. That's the weather today. Baby shower next Sunday. Working on a chevron quilt made from pink and gray twill...2 pair of pants and 1 skirt. Putting a fleece backing. I may put a pink elephant on the fleece. Need it finished today so it can go in the mail tomorrow. Also have routine blood work so will be ready for mail early.

Last night while watching Downton Abbey, I started cutting denim for mudroom rugs. Have some 9 +10 " squares so they will whip up fast. Another round of books this week as well..guess I have my week planned out....So have a good one.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:52 AM

Mudroom rugs from denim?? Please explain OK..ok?